Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMGWTF

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 01:38 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

Default OMGWTF

yea so, im leaving my freinds house at like 3 am a little buzzed, and i hit a curb going like 30 35. my car dies shortly afterwards and im like omgwtf!!!11 i crash at my freinds place til morning, and then one of my other freinds came and helped me out. at first we thought it might be the battery, but he jumped me and nothing, car refuses to start. then we get some gas and fill it up, still nothing. my only option was to call AAA. i call and they tell me my dad cancled my membership, so i had to renew it for 60 dollars. to truck comes, pick me up (****ed up my exhaust bc its soo low) and we go to campus (UCF) where i have a parking spot in a garge. too bad the truck was a huge flatbed and didnt fit into the garage, so i had to park it in a regular parking lot. plus im going down for thanksgiving to SoFla so its going to stay there till i get back. as we r lowering the car intot he parking lot, the tow guy notices some fluid dripping from my car. take a look under and the whole front end of my car on the bottomm is ****ed up hardcore. the radiator (or whaterver is there) is completely bent, almost broken in 2, and the guy said i probabkly have a cracked radiator.

how ****ed am i? like how much cash is this gonna run me, i was planning on buying rims and tires, guess not ne more, ****ing **** god dammit

Old 11-22-2006, 01:44 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: OMGWTF

Pretty f*cked.. new radiator is around $500 bucks. Guess this will teach you to crash at the friends house when drinkin from now on [&:] Just be lucky you didnt hit a person and kill them, that would have cost you alot more than 500 bucks.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

Don't drink and drive, that could have been another car instead of the curb.

As for your car, start with the basics

1). Do you have power, check the battery connections and charge using a multimeter
2). Does it try to turn over, meaning the starter is good
3). If it tries to turn over but wont start, check Air, Fuel and Spark
4). If those all appear good, then your problem is beyond the basic troubleshooting.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:47 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

You probably set off your fuel pump reset switch (refer to your owners manual), and hitting a curb, I swear does more damage to the car than getting into a fender bender. From what youve said Ill bet, your core support is bent, radiator damaged beyond repair, K member MIGHT be damaged, and then of course your your rims.
-P.
PS: Dont drive drunk.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:48 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Isn't there a fuel pump switch inside the car somewhere that trips off when the car is jarred? Might wanna check that.

FUEL PUMP SHUT-OFF SWITCH FUEL RESET
This device stops the electric fuel pump from sending fuel to the engine when your vehicle has had a substantial jolt. After an accident, if the engine cranks but does not start, this switchmay have been activated.

The fuel pump shut-off switch is located in the driver’s footwell, by the hood release
To reset the switch:
1. Turn the ignition OFF.
2. Check the fuel system for leaks.
3. If no leaks are apparent, reset the switch by pushing in on the reset button.
4. Turn the ignition ON.
5. Wait a few seconds and return the key to OFF.
6. Make another check for leaks.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:49 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

the starter works it tries to crank up, i have pwer radio works. at first it sounded like the battery bc it tires to turn on like it keeps whineing when i hold the ignition, but it doesnt start. i put gas in it so its not the fuel. opened up the air filter all good, dunno about the sparkplugs tho, but i really think its watever is under my car in the front end, bc it loks pretty bad.

honestly, i didnt crash bc i was durnk, i was talking on the phone and when i looked up there was a curb in front of me, ****
Old 11-22-2006, 01:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

No no, just because theres fuel in it doesnt mean its not the fuel pump switch. On the drivers side, down by the pedals on the sidewall there should be a red button. Push it, let the car sit a minute, turn the key to ON but dont try to crank it. Make sure theres no gas leaking (the fuel pump should kick on when the key turns on) then after youre sure youre not going to blow yourself all to hell, crank it. (Er.... try.)
Old 11-22-2006, 01:55 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

ok thanx ill try that i guess when i get back to my car. hopefully it will be enouff to get me to a mechanic aso i dont have to get towed to a shop and pay even more.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:36 PM
csaclint

Yeah, i can't really feel sorry for you. What the hell are you doing driving "a little buzzed"? Do you know how many people have killed someone because they were "a little buzzed" while driving? There the ones that tell you they're o.k. to drive right before they smack into the mother and daughter waiting on the side of the road for there bus.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:45 PM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

no comment...