Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No B.S Tuner Question~

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:11 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Default No B.S Tuner Question~

Hey Guys I am looking for the best tuner for my 07 GT. Absolutly no B.S, the absolute best for my money. Also one that wont void my warrenty. I have had my GT for about 2 months, it just seems like there sould be more power. I almost got beat by a turbo neon yesterday! Any help or insight would be helpful! Thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 05:06 PM
RoadLizard
1st Gear Member

Default RE: No B.S Tuner Question~

Contact Information
Brenspeed LLC
7536 E 200 N
Pierceton IN 46562

Phone : 574.594.9559

Call Brent at the above number. He's an XCal dealer and has custom tunes on it. I bought mine from him and he is great to deal with. I'd call several of these tuners and then pull the trigger based on my own research. Can't go wrong with Brent though in my opinion...

Roadlizard
Old 11-26-2006, 05:10 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

If your worried about the warranty then the best thing to do is nothing at all and leave the car stock. Some dealers are ok with mods and other are not it is a very gray area.

For what ti worth though i absolutely love my C&L CAI with the Brenspeed Tune i have. Simply AWESOME!!!

Richard
Old 11-26-2006, 05:45 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

If your worried about the warranty then the best thing to do is nothing at all and leave the car stock. Some dealers are ok with mods and other are not it is a very gray area.

For what ti worth though i absolutely love my C&L CAI with the Brenspeed Tune i have. Simply AWESOME!!!

Richard
I've had a good experience with Brenspeed. My best advice is not to worry about your warranty as it applies to the computer or engine management. The minute you upload the tune, you technically void the factory warranty (Ford can't warranty a tune that is not theirs). It doesn't void the "whole car." Just be sure when you take the car in to the dealer that you re-upload the factory tune a few days before, drive it around, and bring it in.

As Richard said, some dealers are OK with the tunes. Others are not. If the warranty bothers you, you may want to go with the FRPP tune. Just a thought.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:19 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

You've got some good advice from the others in this forum.

One thing to keep in mind, regarding the warranty, is that it all comes down to your dealer. As was posted earlier, some dealers will throw a fit, others are OK with it. However that's all that really matters. There isn't some magical tuner that is OK with your warranty while others are not. They are all the same.

All the tuners (the device) do the same thing. They are just a tool that copies a tune file onto your car's computer. There is no functional or quality difference between the big-name tuners (again, the devices). The key is to get good TUNES (the files themselves). The way to do this is to buy from an established tuning shop that has a dyno on the premisies, not a mail-order warehouse that will simply give you the factory default tunes. Brent @ Brenspeed is a great choice. There are others as well.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:21 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Edit... they said everything already. By the time I got done typing you guys already took care of business! Heh
Old 11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

I just add one more to many, LOL

Very happy with BrenSpeed and his Tunes. [sm=burnout.gif]
Old 11-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Doug at b a m a c h i p s.com has excellent tunes as well.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:40 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick S

I just add one more to many, LOL

Very happy with BrenSpeed and his Tunes. [sm=burnout.gif]
Old 11-26-2006, 11:09 PM
alumacomp
2nd Gear Member

From what I have read, Brenspeed enjoys a positive reputation with customers.

I went with Evolution and a C & L CAI. My purchase experience and resulting performance gains were very satisfactory. Since I have not tried anybody else's tunes (like 99% of other posters), I can't make any comparative comments. Suffice to say there are a number of reputable tuners out there that will give you good bang for your buck.

Quick Reply: No B.S Tuner Question~