Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mother #@$@#%@, Help!! PIC

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 08:03 PM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Default Mother #@$@#%@, Help!! PIC

I've had my GT, pride and joy, car I always dreamt of, for less than a WEEK and some SOB $#@%@$#^% put a scratch on my bumper !!!! The car is red and the paint is scratched off all the way to the black material underneath the paint !!! AAAARRRRGGGGGG, what is the best product to try and mask this tragedy??

I havent even put the stipes on yet !! and of course the scratch is too far from center to just cover it up with the vinyl stripes......

PXDIG

[IMG]local://upfiles/51953/AD4C1B58CE5A4847906AD38C160169C5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-01-2006, 08:15 PM
ilduce321
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mother #@$@#%@, Help!! PIC

I've got something fun like that on my bumper too. The second day I had the car, my dumb *** rolled into a retaining wall. Nice little scratch right down to the plastic. I haven't fixed it up yet, but I'm either going to use the Dupli-color scratch kit or go through a site I found on a thread here, Paintscratch.com
Old 12-01-2006, 08:57 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Depending on how much money you want to spend, you have a few options. You could do nothing, but everytime you see that scratch, you'll be mad. You could buy a small can of touch-up paint from the dealer or body shop and just paint over it. It'll still be noticable, but not as much. Or you can have a body shop repaint the bumper. This is the most expensive option. Costing maybe $300 or more. I got a scratch on the rear quarter panel of mine and opted to have a bodyshop repaint the panel. It cost $550 to have them do it. I thought it was the end of the world when I got that first scratch, but now the panel looks as good if not better than factory.

Rich
Old 12-01-2006, 09:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you can, take the bumper off yourself and take it to the shop. That should save you a few bucks.

I'd personally take a shot at painting and reclearing it myself, but i've been practicing on my wifes pt cruiser trying to blend in a huge paint chip.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Jim D.
3rd Gear Member

I'm not familiar with the Duplicolor Scratch Kit, but you might consider the Langka "blob-remover" that helps to smoothen your factory touchup paint... check www.langka.com for more info.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

This is why I park in the most extreme ends of the parking lots when I have to go to a parking lot. The only thing that worries me is that someone will mess with my car because it sticks out like a sore thumb parked where I park.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Stickman81
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear of the damage.
There is lots of good info here already.
I have seen this product discussed before and it is supposed to be very good but I'm not sure if it would work well for the damge pictured.
Have a read and see -
http://www.touchup123.com/

The damage in the picture looks bad enough that *I* would leave it to a professional and have it touched up / repainted.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:32 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Ya rupp i do the same thing ... but i have the same worry that people know i care about my car making it more prone to be vandalized.

Sorry to here about the scratch i have a similar spot like that just not one my bumper but its really not that bad when you think about it .... it could be worse ....

i know mine bothers me a lot but nobody else notices i have to point it out.... but get some touch up and i doubt ull really be able to tell the different ...good luck man
Old 12-02-2006, 03:10 AM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

You know guys,

this may seem silly, but I really do appreciate the kind words and good advice. Believe it or not, it actually made me feel better about this incident. I am still very new to the forum (hell this was the first picture I have EVER uploaded) and its nice to see Mustang fans sticking together and lending a helping word. You know it really is more than just the car, it is a culture all of its own.

PXDIG
Old 12-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Stickman81
2nd Gear Member

PXDIG -
Let us know what you end up doing, and, post some pics of the whole car for us to enjoy.

Quick Reply: Mother #@$@#%@, Help!! PIC