MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   WTF!!!!!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/215654-wtf.html)

Kaldar142 12-08-2006 12:49 PM

WTF!!!!!!

ok, so lately my mustang has been feeling a bit sluggish especially in the mornings, i thought it was just cold and needed to warm up so im like whatever and continue on my way.

then at the next stop light when i go to accelerate i hear a clunkingish sound (dont know how to describe it) actually itsm ore like a moaning sound.

and whenever i go over speedbumps it just doesnt feel right back there, passenger rear, also when i was on the beltway and would hit a littlebump it didnt feel right either (althought it might just be my imagination...)

so i get to my destination, i look at my car and my PASSENGER REAR BRAKE ROTOR IS SMOKING!!!!! it was so hot that i put my hands near it they warmed up damn near quick!!!

do you think this could be a result of the frozen e-brake?

i went to look at the rotor today and its all rough looking, not good....

whats going on?

MusiccityGT 12-08-2006 01:00 PM

RE: WTF!!!!!!

Yup. Probably frozen e-brake. It was 9 degrees here this morning and mine was frozen like an eskimo pop. Had to drive the company truck to work.

Kaldar142 12-08-2006 01:03 PM

sadly it was too late for me to realize that, normally my car just "rolls out" of the driveway, lately ive had to give it gas though.. it all makes sense now, would the warranty cover this issue???

06GT4RAD 12-08-2006 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

sadly it was too late for me to realize that, normally my car just "rolls out" of the driveway, lately ive had to give it gas though.. it all makes sense now, would the warranty cover this issue???

YES it will be covered. Get it towed in ASAP.

Richard

jerseystang07 12-08-2006 01:21 PM

Is there anything that I can do to avoid a frozen e-brake? My parents make me park my car outside and I usually turn it on 20 minutes before I leave to go to school if that helps.

VaporDude 12-08-2006 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

Is there anything that I can do to avoid a frozen e-brake? My parents make me park my car outside and I usually turn it on 20 minutes before I leave to go to school if that helps.
Don't use the parking brake and you'll be OK. Since you have an 07, you should be fine though. The best thing to do is to look at the rubber piece that goes into the caliper. Pull back slightly on the rubber piece and see if it slides back from the caliper. If it does, you need to have the e-brake cables replaced.

Saleen302 12-08-2006 02:11 PM

Not sure if warranty will cover it, if it's weather related. If there's a defect which contributed to it, they should.

05gtgreen 12-08-2006 02:28 PM

Mine has done the exact same thing twice, rear passenger brake. Took it in for warrenty, and what they told me was don't use the e-brake when its cold outside. I looked at them and said, its a brand new car and I can't use the e-brake, this is retarded. They told me the brakes and rotor were still fine, then sent me on my way. I have talked to lots of people with the same problem, so this has to be a factory defect somehow.

NickSezz 12-08-2006 02:48 PM

i just made a post about this i didnt see this tread....it seems like this is a common problem...no? will it let go when it warms up?

saltzy 12-08-2006 05:03 PM

Guys, check the threads on this--turns out there is a TSB on the problem. Warranty should cover it and the service moron who told you to not use you new car's ebrake should be the one you hand the TSB to personally.