Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default WTF!!!!!!

ok, so lately my mustang has been feeling a bit sluggish especially in the mornings, i thought it was just cold and needed to warm up so im like whatever and continue on my way.

then at the next stop light when i go to accelerate i hear a clunkingish sound (dont know how to describe it) actually itsm ore like a moaning sound.

and whenever i go over speedbumps it just doesnt feel right back there, passenger rear, also when i was on the beltway and would hit a littlebump it didnt feel right either (althought it might just be my imagination...)

so i get to my destination, i look at my car and my PASSENGER REAR BRAKE ROTOR IS SMOKING!!!!! it was so hot that i put my hands near it they warmed up damn near quick!!!

do you think this could be a result of the frozen e-brake?

i went to look at the rotor today and its all rough looking, not good....

whats going on?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:00 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: WTF!!!!!!

Yup. Probably frozen e-brake. It was 9 degrees here this morning and mine was frozen like an eskimo pop. Had to drive the company truck to work.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:03 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

sadly it was too late for me to realize that, normally my car just "rolls out" of the driveway, lately ive had to give it gas though.. it all makes sense now, would the warranty cover this issue???

Old 12-08-2006, 01:13 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Kaldar142

sadly it was too late for me to realize that, normally my car just "rolls out" of the driveway, lately ive had to give it gas though.. it all makes sense now, would the warranty cover this issue???

YES it will be covered. Get it towed in ASAP.

Richard
Old 12-08-2006, 01:21 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Is there anything that I can do to avoid a frozen e-brake? My parents make me park my car outside and I usually turn it on 20 minutes before I leave to go to school if that helps.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:31 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

Is there anything that I can do to avoid a frozen e-brake? My parents make me park my car outside and I usually turn it on 20 minutes before I leave to go to school if that helps.
Don't use the parking brake and you'll be OK. Since you have an 07, you should be fine though. The best thing to do is to look at the rubber piece that goes into the caliper. Pull back slightly on the rubber piece and see if it slides back from the caliper. If it does, you need to have the e-brake cables replaced.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

Not sure if warranty will cover it, if it's weather related. If there's a defect which contributed to it, they should.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:28 PM
05gtgreen
2nd Gear Member

Mine has done the exact same thing twice, rear passenger brake. Took it in for warrenty, and what they told me was don't use the e-brake when its cold outside. I looked at them and said, its a brand new car and I can't use the e-brake, this is retarded. They told me the brakes and rotor were still fine, then sent me on my way. I have talked to lots of people with the same problem, so this has to be a factory defect somehow.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:48 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

i just made a post about this i didnt see this tread....it seems like this is a common problem...no? will it let go when it warms up?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Guys, check the threads on this--turns out there is a TSB on the problem. Warranty should cover it and the service moron who told you to not use you new car's ebrake should be the one you hand the TSB to personally.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTF!!!!!!