Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

easiest axle-backs to install?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Default easiest axle-backs to install?

Dear All,

I want to get a CAI & tune for my 06 GT 5-speed vert. I will probably get it from Brenspeed. I would not do the install myself but would take it to a Chevron station near my home with a mechanic.

I also want to get an axle-back exhaust. Any feedback on which is the easiest to install (but also high quality)? I was considering the FRPP GTAs.

(please understand I had a car for 11 years and only opened the hood when the battery died so, sad to say, even changing windshield wipers would be a challenge to me)

Thanks for any comments
Old 12-08-2006, 04:49 PM
superiormirage
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: easiest axle-backs to install?

Take it from someone who is NOT mechanically inclined: you can do both of these installs yourself.

The CAI is simple, and as long as you follow the instrucitons, you will be fine.

All axle-backs install the same way on our cars (2005+), so pick whichever ones sounds the best to you. I have the FRPP GTAs and I love them. More aggressive sound than stock, but no drone. Take your time with the axle-backs, try and find cars in your area that have the you are looking at install and see if you can listen to them in person. Sound clips are nice, but they really don't do most mufflers justice.

Good luck!
Old 12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

The axle-back install is very easy. Should take no more than 1.5 hours to do the whole job. $120 tops for the labor at a shop.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:07 PM
Fast Toys
Banned

ORIGINAL: stangster06

Dear All,

I want to get a CAI & tune for my 06 GT 5-speed vert. I will probably get it from Brenspeed. I would not do the install myself but would take it to a Chevron station near my home with a mechanic.

I also want to get an axle-back exhaust. Any feedback on which is the easiest to install (but also high quality)? I was considering the FRPP GTAs.

(please understand I had a car for 11 years and only opened the hood when the battery died so, sad to say, even changing windshield wipers would be a challenge to me)

Thanks for any comments
Both are easy installs. All axle backs pretty much install the same. You might want to consider a cat back exhaust system for the best performance though. We have both Mac and Magnaflow on sale right now for Mustang Forum members. Just email or call us for pricing.

You have picked the two best bang for the buck mods!

Old 12-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

yeah all the axle backs are just as easy to install, so your just looking for a sound you like, other than that the install is the same and anyone you ask will tell you they love the sound of thier personal muffler....so muffler sound is TOTALLY personal preference...good luch...you love the car after you tune it!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:12 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Thanks for the kind feedback - greatly appreciated.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:44 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

I got my GTAs yesterday from Ninosport (4 days fedex) and they're beauties. I hear and it looks like the install is a piece of cake. O'boy, now I've done it!