Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

Default Tint question

I went to get the pricing for my tints and spoke to the guy about our cars having certain problem with scratching the tint. The guy told me to take it to the dealership and have them loosen something up. He said that the scratching is caused because the window things are to tight, Can taking to the dealership fix that problem and I dont want to install the moleskin myself.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:36 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Tint question

Some dealers are aware of the issue and will install the moleskin or replace. Others won't. I did my own, it was a breeze.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

Some dealers are aware of the issue and will install the moleskin or replace. Others won't. I did my own, it was a breeze.
Will the dealers have that or do I have to bring in the moleskin myself.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Good question. I am not sure. recommend you do a quick search using the search tool above. Bet you will find all kinds of feedback as we have discussed this issue before.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

Good question. I am not sure. recommend you do a quick search using the search tool above. Bet you will find all kinds of feedback as we have discussed this issue before.
Roger.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM
swata
2nd Gear Member

The place that tintred mine offer to install it for 20 a window extra...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:37 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

My local Ford dealer just got the parts in this week, to do my windows (after waiting a week or so). Im taking my car in next week. Im not sure of what the part is but I did mention moleskin to the trim tech and he was not familiar with that type of part. The dealership is replacing door parts in both doors and paying to have my windows re-tinted. So, in short, my dealer is taking care of it under warranty but Im not sure what the part is. When my car goes in next week, Ill send an update on the fix.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

They're replacing aftermarket tint? Very generous of a dealer!!!
I just got new quality sunglasses with polarized lenses and not can see everyone's factory tint that is breaking up! Looks like dark, evenly-spaced splotches of tint.
Unfortunately, I can see that in MY side windows, which I never had tinted back in 2005 for the scratch reason. Am really reconsidering it now. Just need to find a tint shop that has done the S197 Mustangs. I'm sure even Galpin would say "what's MOLESKIN"?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 PM
swata
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Just need to find a tint shop that has done the S197 Mustangs.

If you were in Northern Ca I could recommend A good one for ya..
Old 12-09-2006, 12:43 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

They're replacing aftermarket tint? Very generous of a dealer!!!
I just got new quality sunglasses with polarized lenses and not can see everyone's factory tint that is breaking up! Looks like dark, evenly-spaced splotches of tint.
Unfortunately, I can see that in MY side windows, which I never had tinted back in 2005 for the scratch reason. Am really reconsidering it now. Just need to find a tint shop that has done the S197 Mustangs. I'm sure even Galpin would say "what's MOLESKIN"?

LOL!! I would have to say we have a pretty decent Ford dealership here.......most of the time they treat pretty good!!! We've also bought about 10 vehicles from this dealer in 6-yrs so that might help a bit!!! They are suppoesd to have the windows, new tint, and a seat repair done in one day so I cant complain too much

Quick Reply: Tint question