Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cadillac CTS-V vs Ford Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 03:26 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cadillac CTS-V vs Ford Mustang GT

nycstang37 - I live in the Bronx and was near the I-95.

LegallyTorchRED & classj - I wouldn't have dumped the clutch but I definitely would have put the pedal to the metal (auto)

Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

To the Mustang Forum Admins,

Would it be possible to create a separate discussion forum specifically for the topic of "Mustang GT vs -----------"?
Then, everyone can post anything from a Mustang GT vs Yugo to a Mustang GT vs the speed of light.
This is so that new topics can be posted and old ones won't be repeated over and over and over (i.e. Mustang GT vs 350Z) again.

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:48 AM
Black2007
1st Gear Member

The Caddy is toooo much car for the Mustang. Honestly, I like the Mustang styling, but its more show than go. When you get down to it..the Caddy is a Vette wrapped in four doors and a grill. The Mustang 4.6 is a liter or two short....and the Modular OHC from Ford is not as efficient when compared to the pushrod GM power plant. As an example, I consistently got 26-28 mpg with my 2000 Corvette 6 spd on the hwy..even topped 32 mpg in an economy run of about 100 mi. Show me anyone getting more than 21-22 mpg in the Mustang and I'd like to see how. My 07 GT Vert is good for about 14-15 mpg in town...maybe 18-20 on the road. The Vette would do 168 mph too...my Mustang might see 145 at best. But I enjoy driving it, I can afford it, and that is what counts...drive what you can afford and enjoy it.

Old 12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

regarding gas mileage, I am amazed at how good I can do with the mustang. Keep in mind, though, that the local courts, DMV, and my insurance company insist that I have newfound respect for the posted speed limit. BUT:

Real life highway mileage at 60 mph in the mustang will yield a 24-25 mpg average. If I reset the trip computer on the highway, if I can go 55-60 for extended periods of time on flat ground, I will average 27-28 (though that drops way down fast if I do any accelerating. Around town I average 16. The CTSV I tend to average 14 for the local driving, and around 22 for real life highway miles.....can squeeze 24 or so if I reset the computer on the highway.

Both seem quite fuel efficient compared to the Suburban. [X(]

This is all just fun and games....of course if fuel economy was really a concern I am buying the wrong vehicles.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

The XLR-V is over $115,000 CDN...the CTS-V is over $70,000 CDN...

I agree that I don't think there is anything that can top the GT Stang's Dollar-to-fun quotient, or it's car-for-money pricing. I also think though, that Vettes and Caddy's, while impressive cars, are in a league that the Mustang is not, both power and price wise. The Stang has always been meant to be a performance car that the common man could/can afford...it's the hero of the Blue Collar Class, the Vettes and V-Series Caddy's are White Collar...
Old 12-14-2006, 09:38 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drivesthebeast

The XLR-V is over $115,000 CDN...the CTS-V is over $70,000 CDN...

I agree that I don't think there is anything that can top the GT Stang's Dollar-to-fun quotient, or it's car-for-money pricing. I also think though, that Vettes and Caddy's, while impressive cars, are in a league that the Mustang is not, both power and price wise. The Stang has always been meant to be a performance car that the common man could/can afford...it's the hero of the Blue Collar Class, the Vettes and V-Series Caddy's are White Collar...
agree....but the caddy is "barely" white collar. It has lots of bells and whistles, but it is a hot rod for sure. Big heavy clutch, clunky long-throw shifter, noisy noisy drivetrain with massive amounts of backlash, and road noise to beat the band...and tire-toasting (ok...differential-toasting) torque by the truckload. For the gearhead owners, there are numerous aftermarket exhaust kits, s/c kits, CAI's, TB's, injector kits, cams, tunes, suspension goodies, etc.

Mustang GT is better bang-for the buck in the muscle department, though, without a doubt.