Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New toys installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 04:59 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New toys installed!

Thanks guys

To answer your questions

Like Hyproman said they are the steeda pedals, relatively easy install. kinda messy though, requires some drilling. Other than the pedal arms getting in the way its pretty easy. Just have to be patient and fairly flexible lol.

The gauge pod does'nt appear to give me anymore visibility restrictions than the stock a pillar. It is the auto meter 3 pod. It is almost a direct match to the color of the interior. The picture shows the difference more than the naked eye. The biggest noticable difference when looking at them is that the texture of pod is different from the interior panels.

But all in all I am very happy just have to figure out the best solution for the rear brakes.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

looks good!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:30 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

What size and specs and pricing... I have been looking at the 14 " SSBC with there 6 piston caliper but pricey..

ORIGINAL: rattsj

Installed my SSBC front Brakes with polished calipers.
More to follow
Old 12-19-2006, 03:30 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

I went with the 13" rotors and The 3 piston caliper. The kit does not come with braided lines but I bought those seperate and put them in anyway. I have yet to do a true hard stop because you have to break in rotors slowly but I am very happy with the power thus far. After I did all of my performance mods she was becoming a bit intimidating on the stock brakes. It is very easy to break 120 in this girl now. I have to say that the performance of these brakes are outstanding. Obviously the 8 piston is a better stronger caliper but way too expensive and probably not necessary for my purposes. But to comment on these brakes they perform very well and slow me down from triple digits with ease. Brake feel is also very good 10 times better tahn the spongey stockers. I cannot recall the exact price that I paid because I bought all four for 3k but I believe they are 1900-2k for the fronts. And of course the addition of braided lines was an additional 200
Old 12-19-2006, 03:34 AM
rattsj
2nd Gear Member

Oh almost forgot it was an additional 300 to have them polished so if you just went with powder coating it would be a little less than the price I already indicated.