Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you call your own dad a dumba$$

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How do you call your own dad a dumba$$

Wait a minute... you were a passenger in a car that backed up 100yds into your stang. ...you never saw it coming, you never said a word to prevent it. ...and you are pissed at your dad?

OMG, it's pretty obvious who the dumb *** is. Take your cell phone and whack yourself in the head a few times, you might just come to your senses.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:27 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

My dad is gone. I lost him 10 years ago and I wish he was here to back into my car! He gave me a love of cars and especially mustangs.

My daughter took my GT for a drive when it still had the 30 day tag on it and bumped into another car with it. I was in the driveway when she returned and saw her sobbing behind the wheel. I thought she had gotten a ticket or something. I opened her door and asked what was wrong and she told me that she had wrecked my new Mustang. I knelt down on a knee and told her that car could never mean as much to me as she did! I didn't bother to look at the damage. The damage that mattered to me was sitting behind the steering wheel. Fella's, I'm telling you that she will NEVER forget that day!
Great perspective. Some people talk like these cars are people. Fixing or replacing them is easy, not so with family. Either way, ticklemonster screwed up by not helping to watch for his dad while he backed up (especially being so **** and knowing his car was back there). ...amazing how people don't want to admit when they messed up. ...yeah blame dad!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:01 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I probably shouldn't say this and here it comes BUT What can you expect guys from a guy that calls himself "TICKLEMONSTER" I mean come on.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Richard
Old 12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

Some great posts here about how to treat your Dad.
I would never call my Dad a dumbass or anything else derogatory for that matter. It's called respect.
In the end, the Stang is a piece of metal, but family is blood, and that goes deeper than anything.
DJack - great story, very moving and classy of you.
Old 12-28-2006, 01:55 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

My dad is gone. I lost him 10 years ago and I wish he was here to back into my car! He gave me a love of cars and especially mustangs.
+1000000

Mike
Old 12-28-2006, 02:01 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DJACKSO

My daughter took my GT for a drive when it still had the 30 day tag on it and bumped into another car with it. I was in the driveway when she returned and saw her sobbing behind the wheel. I thought she had gotten a ticket or something. I opened her door and asked what was wrong and she told me that she had wrecked my new Mustang. I knelt down on a knee and told her that car could never mean as much to me as she did! I didn't bother to look at the damage. The damage that mattered to me was sitting behind the steering wheel. Fella's, I'm telling you that she will NEVER forget that day!
WELL.....that brought a tear....Good reply! Just about puts it into perspective!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:49 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gatkins94

ORIGINAL: DJACKSO

WELL.....that brought a tear....Good reply! Just about puts it into perspective!
Yeah......and it reminded me of that scene in Big Daddy where all the guys in the court room were calling their dads to tell them theyloved them.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:58 PM
ticklemonster

I guess I need to clear some things up here, My dads driveway is shaped like a letter c with a t on top you back out of the driveway 100 yards too the out building then pull forward to the left to get to the road, Yea I was on the phone but it was a call I was expecting from a friend and I was off just before he hit it. keep in mind I wasn't driving on the phone.
The truth is I bought the car on my dad's x plan so Yea, I wouldn't even have the car if it weren't for him. I didn't yell at him or nothing, I just kept saying oh, man UHHH! When I was16 I was parking his car in the garage and scrapped it along the doorway, He was a body builder back then and I thought he was gonna kill me. now I know how he felt.
To me, it's personnelstories like these that keep me coming back to this site everyday. As much as I enjoy reading about the parts I want to put on my car (and ohhow I have!) I also enjoy people sharing the stories they have about their cars that make this car a life style, not just a car.

I just don't want you guys to think I'm a ungrateful jerk, I do love my dad, I just wanted to vent and share my story like so many do....

Tickle
ps: to the question about the rain, I drive a $500 pos when it rains (for the love of the car!)
Old 12-28-2006, 03:33 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Well a similar story. Was at a friends house and parked in his driveway behind his truck like anyone does when we come over. So we both are going to leave and we get in each car. He got to his before I got to mine. So I got in and started up my car and before I could even take the brake offBAM right into my front bumper. I thought theworst, so I didnt even get out of my car for a few seconds. Just sat in disbelief. Then when I came back to reality I slowly got out of my car walked to the front where he was looking at the mark and BEAT THE LIVING DOG CHIT OUT OF HIM, dropped a buritto on his head, a knee to theback, put him in a choke hold and made him pass out and then kicked him while he was down!Not really but I did lightly swat him across the head. Then we went to go have a drink. That was the first thing he did to rectify the matter. It was a small scratch, but still, was my first thing to happen. Over all, I took it pretty well.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:19 PM
DJACKSO
1st Gear Member

Ticklemonster - Please don't think I'm calling you jerk or anything like that. I understand that you are voicing feelings that all young people have towards their parents now and then. I'm 50 years old and can still remember some trying times with my Dad. I only wanted to point out that life teaches us in time what is of real value! Actually, I'm glad you posted. Sometimes it's good to take our eyes off of what we THINK is important.

Quick Reply: How do you call your own dad a dumba$$