Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:52 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: New Pics

Not bad at all....
Old 12-29-2006, 07:02 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the car looks great, thanks for sharing
Old 12-29-2006, 07:11 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

looks good!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:34 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

dang "stone'; thats a pretty bad beat down of a brothers pic,
By the way, is that the County Jail and Deputy Barney Fifes house in your pic?
Just checkin...................
Old 12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone

Sorry was just being honest and not trying to be a stinker, but if he is a professional I guess I just expected more like not having that messed up shadow or maybe putting the car on the grass and get rid of that horible curb shot sorry but it's an average background shot and kid with a digi cam could have taken.

Again I don't mean any disrepect but there is nothing special about either one of those photos show me some black&white with your car in color or something different then everyone else has and I will Gush all day other wise best you get is "nice looking car"
Check out this post on "how to take pics of your car"...https://mustangforums.com/m_731944/tm.htm, according to this you should never park on the grass for pics...
Old 12-30-2006, 10:50 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

ORIGINAL: Stone

Sorry was just being honest and not trying to be a stinker, but if he is a professional I guess I just expected more like not having that messed up shadow or maybe putting the car on the grass and get rid of that horible curb shot sorry but it's an average background shot and kid with a digi cam could have taken.

Again I don't mean any disrepect but there is nothing special about either one of those photos show me some black&white with your car in color or something different then everyone else has and I will Gush all day other wise best you get is "nice looking car"
Check out this post on "how to take pics of your car"...https://mustangforums.com/m_731944/tm.htm, according to this you should never park on the grass for pics...
I would agree that some of that is correct while other parts are just a matter of opinion or lack of experience. Downward shots for example can come out very well, light is a matter of what you are trying to get out the shot, and I would never recommend only one lens for photographing cars I use a wide angle at times, a fish eye, and a medium telephoto depending on what I am trying to capture. I also tend to use a different filters from time to time, mainly a CP filter but occasionaly others. Another aspect is angles and shooting speeds, both make drastic effects on the image. I would also say do not force the flash all the time, many parts on cars are reflective and forcing the flash can cause a flare in the image, this may be an effect you want or it may not so not always.

Also as to parking on grass, it is done alot, park on grass, dirt, pavement it all depends on the photo composition. Parking on grass can make the car look slightly lower to the ground, also a nice composition is to hose down a section of pavement lightly to get a nice sheet of water on it.

There are so many ways, tips, tricks, ideas and such.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Well it's the age old problem you ask 5 guys the same question and you 5 differnt answers, there really is no right or wrong way to do it just how it turns out in the end that matters.

I quit smoking on Tuesday after 22 years so I maybe alittle uptite and I spose I could have left some of my additional comments out but I stand by my opinion regardless.
My first post was not ment in disrespect or to be rude to the brother but seemed to be taken that way and the picture that is your Sig is not the one I was commenting on it was the other one which is no longer linked I see, the one you picked is a far better choice.
It's just to bad everyone had to make this thread about my opinion rather then your pictures.

P.S. 06blueovalblueGT it's the Mall of America in ST. Paul sorry no cows for you to befriend around here.