Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Performance Modifications??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 04:06 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

Default Performance Modifications??

Hello,
I have posted a couple of times now as a new member. I have a 2007 GT premium, and have owned it for approximately one month. And I already have a few issues with the performance. I really love the car and very happy with my purchase, but there is a few things I would like to improve on if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
I would like to get more snap in my transmission. It seems to have somewhat of a dead spot right up front on acceleration. Can I improve this with a shift kit? And if so, can anyone recommend something. I don't want to have to take out a loan on the cost though. I know that performance is not cheap, but I don't need top of the line right now. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me on this issue.
Thank in advance.

Casper
Old 01-01-2007, 04:15 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Performance Modifications??

I assume you mean just from a standing start? Well if you had a manual you could rev the engine and engage the clutch. For an automatic, if you are just trying to launch harder just powerbrake it, foot on the brake, then the throttle, start letting go of the brake and floor the throttle. A shift kit helps your transmission do just that. Shift. it helps it shift quicker and crisper, which can actually be done with programmers from SCT and Diablo nowadays. Either that or you could just go with somehting to give you some low end grunt, like http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...intake_kit.phpa air intake from steeda or some exhaust. Makes it sound better, gets better power and better gas mileage. Cant lose!
Old 01-01-2007, 04:22 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I would agree with the idea of getting a CAI but make sure you buy the intake with a tuner. Many CAI require a tune. Do some research for one that fits your needs. C&L is quite popular and you can buy the SCT or Diablosport tuners with the CAI.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Help us Help you out what kind is it auto or stick and how much you want to put into it?
Old 01-01-2007, 02:45 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Go to www.brenspeed.com and get a tuner/cai package.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:01 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Go to www.brenspeed.com and get a tuner/cai package.
+10000000000, they are the best IMO. I say go with the C&L cold air intake package with the tuner. Just call them up and they'll walk you through everything. Their customer service is 2nd to none.[8D] With the CAI and tune you will feel like you'll feel like you're driving a different car. This is the best way to start.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:43 PM
gttt

if you really dont want to deal with tuning a granetelli CAI would get you the most gains. http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...maf-satin.html
thatll run you about 350.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:44 AM
casperorr
2nd Gear Member

It is an automatic tranny. And I would consider 600.00 to 1000.00 a really good deal if it makes a big difference in performance. Thanks also to all the answers to my question. It is GREAT to have access to help.

Thanks again,
Casper
Old 01-02-2007, 03:06 AM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: casperorr

It is an automatic tranny. And I would consider 600.00 to 1000.00 a really good deal if it makes a big difference in performance. Thanks also to all the answers to my question. It is GREAT to have access to help.

Thanks again,
Casper
i would just drop the $600 for the CAI+tune from brenspeed
Old 01-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gttt

if you really dont want to deal with tuning a granetelli CAI would get you the most gains. http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...maf-satin.html
thatll run you about 350.
This wouldnt help firm up the shifts though which seems to be his largest concern.

Quick Reply: Performance Modifications??