Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FRPP Performance Package?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:24 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Default FRPP Performance Package?

Any feedback on this? I saw it at the FRPP site. It claims 20hp peak. Is it worth it? (or better to buy parts individually). Would it be "more acceptable" at the dealer if any warranty work needed to be done since it is by Ford? I also think I read it is used on the new GT Shelby model. Says it has "Ford calibration". Is this just a less agressive tune?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 AM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: FRPP Performance Package?

You'll be giving up some power if you go with the FRPP parts compared to like a C&L and SCT. But, I believe that Ford is now backing up these parts with the standard warranty if you have them installed by the dealer. So, if you go to the dealer and have them installed (much moolah), then all of your car's factory warranties should remain in tact without question. You won't get that with any comparable aftermarket upgrades.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

However I saw the FRPP performance pack tested. I forget where, possibly MM&FF and the HP and Tq numbers stayed the same, no improvement in performance.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

The FRPP pack is not as good as going the 3rd-party aftermarket route.

Also, the warranty thing comes down to your dealer. Some dealers are OK with other brands of mods beyond Ford. And other dealers won't allow ANY mods, even the Ford ones.

It is misinformation to state that all dealers will honor the warranty with Ford brand parts. My dealer, for example, has a strict NO MOD policy period, even if the parts are Ford brand and even if they installthem.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:08 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

That's very interesting - I'd really like to see that article. I know everyone is different but I would personally give up a few hp (and pay extra) to avoid any potential warranty or service hassles with Ford. Again, that is just me.

If it is true that the gains are minimal, I'd rather stay stock. I'm sure a Brenspeed tune (or comparable) would be more aggressive.

The interesting thing is that they are using the FRPP package on the Shelby GT ( a Hertz GT clone) along with the FRPP handling package. There is a post on here that has an Edmund's review and they said good things but no numbers. Numbers and opinions from anyone that has this or experience driving one would be a tremedous help,
Old 01-12-2007, 12:17 PM
jaiasmit
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

The FRPP pack is not as good as going the 3rd-party aftermarket route.

Also, the warranty thing comes down to your dealer. Some dealers are OK with other brands of mods beyond Ford. And other dealers won't allow ANY mods, even the Ford ones.

It is misinformation to state that all dealers will honor the warranty with Ford brand parts. My dealer, for example, has a strict NO MOD policy period, even if the parts are Ford brand and even if they installthem.
I'm wondering why they are still your dealer if that's the policy. Or, do you work for the dealer?
Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Well, that's where I bought the car. I'm lazy, so it's faster to type "my dealer" rather than "the dealer where I bought my car".

Anyway, I am not buying anything from them again. Their pricing was good, but their service sucks. I'm also upset with their service department who flat-out REFUSED to sell me a valve spring compressor.

Then again, I do all my own maintenance and repairs, so I don't really care what their take on my warranty is--but I did talk to them about a few things while I was visiting one day, and I thought I'd relate the information for people on the forum. By the way, there are others who have posted here that describe a similar stance.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

+1
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

I read some wherethat all ford dealershipswill honor the suspension pack but not any Ford performace packs.
Also if your dealership says yes we'll install and put a warranty on it but then say you move to another state, that dealership might tell you hell no even if you have once ford saying they will warranty the work. Also they like to play the BS blame game. Had a friend with a 2002 GT and the syncro went out on the tranny, they said since he put an aftermarket X pipe on it, that caused the problem and they wouldn't fix it. some BS. He went to another dealership and they tried to fix it, couldn't though, and ordered him a new tranny.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:24 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

The FRPP intake is a serious waste of cash. The FRPP mufflers are good though, and the suspension kit.

Quick Reply: FRPP Performance Package?