Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw one on the road yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 01:00 PM
xc_ute
1st Gear Member

Default Saw one on the road yesterday

Saw a candy blue "Mustang" coming at me in a pack of cars, wasn't until it was about four cars away that I realized it was a 2005. FoMoCo has without question captured the looks of the older horses in the newest version.

Only had a quick look, first impression was that it is the physical size of the 64-66 version but with a longer wheelbase.

Don't like the candy blue, reminds me too much of the various Asian-made toys carrying the new Mustang look that are all ready on the market. I'll pass final judgement when the new version of the original Mustang colors/paint styles are on the street.

But hey, it is without question a vehicle symbolic of all the memories I have about the Mustangs of the past. I'll wait until spring before I decide which one I'll buy.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:46 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Saw one on the road yesterday

I can't wait to see one in person, even though I think the new bodystyle is crap. Sounds like that person was in quite the rush to get one, they're not even on the lots here.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Redline03GT
3rd Gear Member

Front end of the 05 looks too wimpy. Other than that, they did a decent job.
Old 10-02-2004, 12:28 PM
xc_ute
1st Gear Member

Ah, he voice of youth. Guess you had to be there the first time to understand the 2005 styling "keys". Styling is "crap"? Blame that on the 60's and the counter culture of the youth of the period. The early Mustangs looked like no other car produced in the States and that gave the rebels an excuse to put down their money and sign the dotted line.

"Wimpy"? Considering that someone is reproducing the 1967 Mustang fastback body (or at least Hot Rod Magazine says so) and the Bullet Mustang and Tariplane's 67/8 Mustang are the Mustangs most people relate to when asked what a Mustang looked like, FoMoCo knew exactally which of the early Mustangs to style the front end from.

If you look at the front end of the 67/68 and 2005 and don't see the face of a charging war horse you simply are not a Mustang person.

Do I totally agree with the new styling. no. There is an ad running currently that has the veiwing point in line with the rear wheel and about a foot off the ground. The rear quarter panels are a bit bulky, but not half as bad as the last body style's.

Stop thinking Jap cars and Asian-drawn Saturday TV cartoons, the 2005 Mustang styling reflects U.S. mindset. Oh well, greybeards own most of the pre-2005 Mustang Cobra and GT convertables that were built, Ford's got plenty of potential customers for the new body.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:07 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Ah, I love how the older generation, for the most part, whine and cry when the younger generation don't respect what they had in their time. [sm=smiley29.gif]

I don't know about you, but I live in American where it OK to have an opinion, especially on a new car. [sm=interesting.gif]
Old 10-04-2004, 11:54 AM
xc_ute
1st Gear Member

Ah yes, the old "I live in America..." excuse.

Maybe the car wasn't styled for you. Don't like it don't buy it. Buy a Scion.

Insurance rates on the 1985 V8's eliminated many young buyers, rates on the 2005 V8's will do the same.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:09 PM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

Well i think the 2005 is sweet and cant wait to get one ( no matter oppintions ) ill be tooling around in one and it will probably be Blue cause my 91 was the Ultra Blue from 91 - 93 and that is a seriously fine color [sm=goodidea.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=interesting.gif][sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 10-13-2004, 10:39 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-14-2004, 02:12 AM
picos68stang

I really like the look of the new stang. Its a throw back somewhat, but it looks tough. If you remember in 94 when the fourth gen body came out, the slogan was "Whats old is new again..." And the showed the 94 next to a 64 1/2 so you could see the c shaped scoop on the side. I thought to myself then how much more I liked the Fox body because it was so much tougher. I think people will just have to warm up to it a bit when the start to hit the streets.

Quick Reply: Saw one on the road yesterday