Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 GT getting SLOWER?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:36 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default 06 GT getting SLOWER?

I keep hearing that these computers "learn" how you drive. i have noticed the past few times i drove the car when i get on it from slow speeds its a pig and doesnt just downshift and takeoff like it used to. could this be from my wife driving it every day and pussyfootin around? can i reset everything by just unhooking the battery for a few minutes?

damn technology [:'(]
Old 01-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 06 GT getting SLOWER?

LOL blamming the wife because your car is getting slow thats priceless

What did she say the that?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

no really im serious, she drives "normal" and i drive it like its a mustang
Old 01-22-2007, 06:13 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

You're just used to the power. Drive another car for 2 days and then you'll realize what you have.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:15 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry to hear your having trouble with your new stang....mine
is just as peppy today, as it was when it was brand new....

hope you get the bugs worked out so you can enjoy it
once again

ORIGINAL: my77stang

I keep hearing that these computers "learn" how you drive. i have noticed the past few times i drove the car when i get on it from slow speeds its a pig and doesnt just downshift and takeoff like it used to. could this be from my wife driving it every day and pussyfootin around? can i reset everything by just unhooking the battery for a few minutes?

damn technology [:'(]
Old 01-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

unplugging the battery doesnt hurt anything. I dont think it will help much either but it wont hurt anything.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:22 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

If you have a tune, reload it every few weeks.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:26 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Actually unplugging the battery will clear the adaptive learning data (if your car is an auto, manuals do not have this feature) or flaw how ever you want to view it.Also, Get a tune and have the Adaptive learning turned off. the tune alone removes some trottle lag and the tranny will shift harder, adds a bit more fun to the autos.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:00 PM
myredgt
3rd Gear Member

manystyles:
You're just used to the power. Drive another car for 2 days and then you'll realize what you have.
That is so true. I drive my gt 99% of the time, but every once and a while,I drive someone elses vehicle, and wow! A little while back my friend hasa 2000 Eddie Bauer expedition, nice truck. I drove it to move some tvs, WOW! I just never would have believed the difference. I knew my car was faster and more responsive, but it's just ridiculous the difference. You really forget what it's like to drive a non-Mustang GT once you have driven one for a while. I drove my dads F-150 and my moms Taurus a while back, just amazing. My best friends has a 4 banger Sonoma, wow. I looked and found the 0 - 60 stock of his truck was 14.56. wow. [&:]
Old 01-22-2007, 07:40 PM
07stanglady
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k05gt

Actually unplugging the battery will clear the adaptive learning data (if your car is an auto, manuals do not have this feature) or flaw how ever you want to view it.Also, Get a tune and have the Adaptive learning turned off. the tune alone removes some trottle lag and the tranny will shift harder, adds a bit more fun to the autos.
So you're saying, my77stang and 2k05gt, that there really is some "adaptive learning" thing that goes on with these cars that have auto transmissions?? That these cars are made to do such a stupid thing? Really?? You're not just kiddin' or something? What's the point of something like that anyway? Better gas mileage after it "learns your ways?" Why would anybody worry about that with a car like this anyway if that's the reason? Okay, it took a bit, but now I'm just....speechless....

If that's true, I'll be even less inclined to let my DH drive my car, since he's the "pussyfooter" in the family. He keeps saying he want's a Mustang too, but I figure it's a waste of cash to get him one. He does just fine in in the Explorer, which I put into "retirement" so he could drive it when I got the Mustang. 'Course, he'd do just fine in a four cylinder, too. We are definitely poster children for "opposites attract."

Quick Reply: 06 GT getting SLOWER?