Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ZEX Guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Default ZEX Guys

Every once in a while the thought of doing the Zex kit rolls around in thought , SoI was just curious, for those running the Zex kit on a 75 shot, how many Runs are you guys getting on one bottleat the track?? ( or not at the track [8D], LOL)
Old 01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: ZEX Guys

With the 75 shot about 6 or 7 passes.But I make it stretch further by only hitting the arming switch when I hit 2nd.So first gear does'nt get hit with it which makes your bottle last longer!I do this mainly because if you have P Zero tires you will have a hard time getting them to hook!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:45 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

I dont have it in my stang yet. but will hopefully by the end of the month.

I have a zex kit in my other car, and it is great. Easy install. maybe longer if never done before. plan on like 3-4 hours to make it look nice and all that stuff.

on my 75 i would get alot of runs in. I had a purgekit too, and I would purge more then i used. Yes call me a RICER lol.

for the price and the extra kick in the butt you cant beat it.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:17 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

When i had mine on my 95GT and 125 shot, depends on how much you purge, about 8 runs for me. Same also for 1st gear, unless you have DR's or slicks. The thought crosses my mind also to get a Zex wet kit....hmmmm tempting.....
Old 01-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Guys, so 6 to maybe 8 runs, Wow might have to get two tanks [8D]LOL.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting some MT ET Steets for the track sometime next week. I have been so up and down with the next Mod [>:]. I was planning gears but stillresearchingthat [:'(], then I was going to do Kooksheaders with a full Borlacat-bak, but with that cost including installation, I could get the gears, The Zex Kit, andSteeda’s Stage I drag pak suspension package foraround thesame amount of money. So all and all the ZEX kit isLooking More and More promising [sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 01-23-2007, 11:58 PM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick S

Thanks Guys, so 6 to maybe 8 runs, Wow might have to get two tanks [8D]LOL.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting some MT ET Steets for the track sometime next week. I have been so up and down with the next Mod [>:]. I was planning gears but stillresearchingthat [:'(], then I was going to do Kooksheaders with a full Borlacat-bak, but with that cost including installation, I could get the gears, The Zex Kit, andSteeda’s Stage I drag pak suspension package foraround thesame amount of money. So all and all the ZEX kit isLooking More and More promising [sm=smiley20.gif]
I'm at that same crossroad, well, I already did the gears and have the MT ETs, but wondering if I should go for Headers, driveshaft, torque converter or just get the Zex kit. Those three mods would put me over $2000! And yes, if I can get two bottles installed, than that would be a better choice. The only thing I don't like about going the Nitrous route on our cars is that I think you have to switch tunes in order to use it, so you can't just be driving around town with your regular tune, see a ricer you want to smoke and just hit the bottle. I might not have all the facts straight, don't know if there's a way to run a mild tune that you could use around town and could also handle the Nitrous if you need to use it.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:06 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yes Julio, Brent can modify your tunesuch that you can use it on and off the bottle. Give him a call.

-Rob
Old 01-24-2007, 12:25 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Rob, good to know!!!!
By the way, I went back to 3.73 gears, the 4.10s were a little too much for my daily driver!!
You know what happened that day we were testing them!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:27 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I mean you were gettin' what, 2, maybe 3 weeks out of a set of tires?? See you in the Springtime!!
Old 01-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

drbobvs beat me to it, LOL. Yeah , Brent from Brenspeed can set you in the right direction. Now From whatI understand you don't need to do any additional tuning when running under a 75 shot, and running into the 150s though you will have to do a little more prevenative maintance such as continuously checking and changing spark plugs. Now if you plan to run on the streets against some of your everyday ricers [8D], you going to have to put a little more $$$ in to the ZEX kit, such as an Electric bottle opener, purge kit, bottle warmer, and even for safer measurements, you can get anAir/Fuel Ratio Nitrous shut-down switch, which you can get from DynoTune, of course there out of stock of them now, I myself am going to have to call them to see when they will be avalible again [:'(].

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...ts/default.asp

Quick Reply: ZEX Guys