Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between Brenspeed and Demolet

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 11:39 PM
ClayBonics
2nd Gear Member

Default Difference between Brenspeed and Demolet

I am looking at the Demolet'sTitanium Tuneable Induction with the SCT for a Mustang GT.
I was planning on getting this direct from Demolet, however I like what I read about Brenspeeds tunes.
I have done a search but I have not seen a definitive answer on this?
Is Brenspeeds tunes worth the $100 difference verse the SCT package that Demolet has?
Does one run safer or better than the other?

With this all being said I will throw a wrench in
Howare Evolution's tunes?

Thanks for your help.

Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Difference between Brenspeed and Demolet

I don't know anything about Demolet, but all of the intakes available are more or less going to give you the same result. I'd say go with a system that has been proven. C&L or JLT.. Brenspeed is in the business of making sure the customers are 100% satisfied, and there is a reason why we all rave about the company. The choice is yours however.

On a side note, unless you are heavily modified the canned tunes available from the vendors aren't going to differ much. I have Brenspeed and Evolution tunes. I track tested each of them, switching between tunes to compare. Time slips came up almost identical with Evolution in the lead of a few hundreths of a second. This was shifting at 6k RPMs. Though if you take it a little higher the Brenspeed tune comes out ahead as Evolution's doesn't seem to continue making power at that range. (Above 6k RPM.)

I have had them both dyno tested, but it was on Evolution's dyno and the numbers were more then likely altered; and not only that but Fred never printed out actual graphs for us but instead handed us a sheet that stated peak hp & tq. Just seemed fishy and I was too concerned with this and that to really put the pieces together until after I had left.

If you really wanted to compare tuners, I'd suggest comparing those who have a good reputation. Bamachips & Brenspeed.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:06 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Many people have stated that B amachips, Brenspeed and Evo all run about the same. I am sure you would be very happy with any of them.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:18 AM
VWILLO
2nd Gear Member

Don't know if you can put a $ amount on it, but Brenspeeds tunes are great.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:49 AM
ClayBonics
2nd Gear Member

TTT
Old 01-29-2007, 11:52 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Get both, brenspeed sells a Demolet cai with their tune, its the titanium one.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I don't have any personal experience with Demolet, but here is something you need to find out: Is Demolet selling you a CUSTOM tune when you buy from them, or are you getting the default factory tune that comes on the SCT from the factory?

You don't want the factory tune. You want a "custom" tune from an experienced tuner. The examples that everyone tosses around here like Brenspeed and B amachips are well-known, but they aren't the only options. Just make sure that if you buy from Demolet you getting a real custom tune and not that factory garbage.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:03 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Update:

I just checked out Demolet's web site, and it looks to me like they are simply reselling the default SCT tune. Their web site says: "Our customtuning is by SCT on their Dyno...". That suggests to me that Demolet is simply reselling the SCT package with the factory tune. I would not buy this package. I would buy from an established aftermarket tuner who will write me a special tune (ex . Brenspeed, Evo, B amachips, etc.)
Old 01-29-2007, 12:49 PM
ClayBonics
2nd Gear Member

Update:

John Demolet told me in an email that " The tunes are by Ryan @ SCT (head programmer)."
Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

It sounds fishy to me. I think they are selling the factory setup and are trying to make it sound better than it actually is.

If you want to be sure, ask them this:

If you were to order the intake/tuner package, will the programmer (Ryan @ SCT) actually call you himself, get the serial number from your car's ECU, personallydiscuss your current and future mods, and then write a specific tune for YOUR car and your exact mods, to your specifications? Or do you simply get what they decide to send you?

Also, if you add extra mods in the future and you need your tune updated can they do this for you, or are you on your own?

Quick Reply: Difference between Brenspeed and Demolet