Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-23-2015, 12:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

New Projector Headlights Install, PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:03 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default New Projector Headlights Install, PICS!

Hey, well just installed these new halo projector headlights with LEDS...Problem is, all I have is headlights. I could not figure out how to wire up the halo or the LED's, they require a separate power source, each has a positive lead and a negative lead. Any suggestions of how to do this? Do I just splice the halo into the headlights and the LEDs into the turn signals or running lights? And if so...How? I do not want any shorts or anything. Thanks!
First Pic is the headlights out of the box, second is them installed, bt not on, third is on, fourth is brights, fifth is what it looks like with my bumper off with them on, looks mean! [sm=bling.gif]
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/P2020403.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/P2030410.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/P2030413.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/P2030412.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...g/P2030408.jpg
Old 02-04-2007, 12:43 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Projector Headlights Install, PICS!

Come on guys, HELP?!?!?! Everyones looking, but no one is saying anything...what, is this a dumb question?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:46 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Me no like!

Love,
Furby

[sm=imsorry.gif]
Old 02-04-2007, 12:48 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You cant really get a good picture that close. You need to be at a distance to get a better look at them.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Anyways, for real i'm not a big fan of that style projector it takes away from the muscle car look completely IMO. I would also be worried about them condensating after a few months, so I hope there is some sort of warrenty since I know a couple of people with bad experiences with aftermarket projectors.

I guess it's just personal taste, but I think it should've been a mod a little more down the road because those headlights are really the main point of attention now to your car and will stand out since that is the only external mod you have.

-Jeff
Old 02-04-2007, 12:49 AM
Bruce0146
1st Gear Member

To modern a look on a stang for me.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:00 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

The reason why I did it is because I already have some stripes on order, and a new cervinis bumper is on the way as well, no to mention me old headlights were damaged in a fender bender, the brackets snapped, they still worked, but jiggled on the highway. I figured, if Im going to replace them, I might as well use some aftermarket ones. If all else, I can find some used stock ones for decent if I look around. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:18 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey please tells us how to wire up the leds, im thinkin of gettin some too, hey man, did ya have to take off ur bumper to do that? and how do the headlights come off? simple screws? and wasnt the projectors suppose to be plug and play?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I'm not a fan of messing with the OEM headlights, they are one of the Mustangs's best looking features IMO. But all that matters is what you like.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:35 AM
rwdfan
2nd Gear Member

Ok, you can get the headlights off and on without completely taking the bumper off. But its way too hard, and for a few more screws you can just take the whole thing off. The lights have 3 screws a piece, and to get the bumper off you have to take off 2 screws on both sides by the wheelwell, to get to those you have to pop off the 3 screws holding the shield above the wheels. Lastly, there is 4 more screws just holding on the bottom of the shield under the bumper and 1 more screw holding on the top by each headlight. Actually, once I figured out what screws needed to come out of where, it only took me like 5 minutes to get it back on. No, the headlights because of the added halo light around the headlight and the multiple led's running up the inside edge, they need their own powersource.

Quick Reply: New Projector Headlights Install, PICS!