Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ctrl Fl shops

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 05:34 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default Ctrl Fl shops

Looking to get some work done and so Im searching for some reputable performance shops in/around the Orlando area... Also any other good specialty shops, like custom interior and body places that you guys know of would be awesome, thanks!

It doesnt seem like we have any large, well known performance/custom shops like these other states do... I know Cali has a few, Texas has a few, New york and the northeast have some and then Indiana and the upper centrals have some too.... WHERE is the love from the southeast!? [&:][8D]
Old 02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ctrl Fl shops

Well for a performance shop I would recommend Lamotta Performance, www.lamottaperformance.com and for body shops not really sure but last place we went to did a pretty good job, but I forgot there name they do alot of work on 05-07's and other mustangs and usually sell them on ebay.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:29 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

for a reputable body shop I recommend Wekiva Auto Body off of S. 434....they've done a lot of work on 05+ Mustangs and are a great company to work with.....and as far as performance the only place i know of is Lamotta Performance
Old 02-05-2007, 01:14 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Well for a performance shop I would recommend Lamotta Performance
Have you got anything done at Lamotta? I was looking to get some work there, and when I got quoted for a simple subframe job I immediately left without saying goodbye. Then I asked around for more shops and found out again that Lamotta is too expensive to be worth it. I'm not saying they do bad work, but you won't be able to get much at their prices.

I ended up going to Real Street Performance http://www.realstreetperformance.com/ My guy there is an ex-Lamotta employee ironically enough He did 3 different jobs for me for under the price of just 1 of Lamottas, and he did really excellent work and got it done in good time, didn't screw around. I'm going back to him tomorrow in fact, to get some new suspension goodies on

I suggest you call up Jay at RSP and talk to him about what you'r doing. He can tell you anything and everything you want to know about the job, he wont stiff you he will tell you straight up and talk the truth. Great guy!
Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys, Ill check them out.

Anyone else got any?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Yep Just got an exhaust installed by them. They do really good work they wont mess up your **** they know what there doing.

ORIGINAL: 90lxstang

Well for a performance shop I would recommend Lamotta Performance
Have you got anything done at Lamotta? I was looking to get some work there, and when I got quoted for a simple subframe job I immediately left without saying goodbye. Then I asked around for more shops and found out again that Lamotta is too expensive to be worth it. I'm not saying they do bad work, but you won't be able to get much at their prices.

I ended up going to Real Street Performance http://www.realstreetperformance.com/ My guy there is an ex-Lamotta employee ironically enough He did 3 different jobs for me for under the price of just 1 of Lamottas, and he did really excellent work and got it done in good time, didn't screw around. I'm going back to him tomorrow in fact, to get some new suspension goodies on

I suggest you call up Jay at RSP and talk to him about what you'r doing. He can tell you anything and everything you want to know about the job, he wont stiff you he will tell you straight up and talk the truth. Great guy!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

Yep Just got an exhaust installed by them. They do really good work they wont mess up your **** they know what there doing.
How satisfied were you with the price they gave you? Because I sure as hell wasn't haha[8D] I would still consider them in the future if I could get a decent price out of them. Maybe they are just tired of fox Mustangs
Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

They must do pretty good work because everyone I ask in person has nothing but good stuff to say about them... also no one seems to know any other places besides them... so Im guessing thats why everyone goes there. Guess its better to go to someone a bit overpriced that knows their Mustangs than someone whos scratchin their head as you pull in the bay... right?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:19 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I actually won't recommend LaMotta and wouldn't ever get work done there again. I got my cams put in there and they were the installer was very nice but the owner Jake was a complete *******. My car was supposed to be done in 2 days and them taking longer I had no problem with. So they take about a week to do the whole install. Anyone the hold up was them not having the right tools for 3 days supposedly, but when I called after 4 days to find out what the deal was a got smartass remarks etc.

They were mad they undercharged on labor because it took them so much time. Anyway I received a nice number of surface scratches all over my two fenders and had to get them both professional buffed because of the marks left. I have had other minor things done there like my gears in which they INSTALLED the wrong set was supposed to be 4.10's but put 3.73's and wouldn't fix it... So I personally will never go back there nor recommend anybody there after my latest experience with the owner being a jackass to me. I couldn't believe I had actually left my car with them after talking to him.

-Jeff
Old 02-07-2007, 03:33 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Ouch, so where you getting all your work done now man?

Quick Reply: Ctrl Fl shops