Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

run with vette

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 11:18 PM
troyclemens
1st Gear Member

Default run with vette

me, my wife, and our son were coming home from church sunday. WE were on a strait stretch when a new white vette come up. He kinda fooled with us a little, and as i was telling my wife to check him out, he nailed it. We were going about 70. He got a huge jump on us and was pulling away fast. I nailed it, the car downshifted, the supercgarger came in good and we went walking past him. We caught him at 120 and were at 150 very quick. I let out at 150 but the car was still pulling very very hard. I had seen several post about the speed limiter at 145. I guess brenspeed must remove that. And also another post on 4.10's quitting at 110 mph. We had neither. I didn't notice what the tach was reading at 150, but it was wound pretty good. Anyway, long story short, we love the brenspeed supercharger package.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: run with vette

Nice run...but with you wife and son in the car?
Old 02-08-2007, 11:25 PM
troyclemens
1st Gear Member

sure, they both love cars, speed, anything to do with it, been into carsand racing foryears
Old 02-08-2007, 11:33 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

Each there own....Be ready to get flamed, since your wife and son was in the car. again, its your family I am sure you would not risk anything but people might rip you for doing that.........Nice to hear your set was able to handle a new vette
Old 02-08-2007, 11:40 PM
troyclemens
1st Gear Member

i doubt very seriously i will be bothered by what anyone thinks. Wonder if they ever by thier family fast food????
Old 02-08-2007, 11:44 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Dang...150!...only did that in Germany once. I rented a BMW to got Italy on vacation. Those German autobahn are smooootth..Great story!
Old 02-09-2007, 12:05 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Next time throw your wife and kidin the trunk for better weight distribution. Take no prisoners on these Vettes, drop the hammer and redline all the way.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

So when you hit a rock in the road or the vette loses control and crashes into you, you and your wife and son all die. Or worse, your son becomes paralyzed... Nice. I don't care about street racing, just don't put innocent lives in danger. And I can't wait till you get pulled over and a cop sees your wife and kid in the car. Oh boy will that be fun. *** hole.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:23 AM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

how the Hell do you respond to a post where someone just came out of church and races a Vette at 150 MPH with their family in the car...
Old 02-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Vernon Tull
1st Gear Member

While the high speed and danger is certainly an issue, what struck me first was racing the Stang just as you get out of church. That part of the story is the best. As a fellow Alabama resident and church attender, I can attest to the fact that the Lord himself doesn't much care for attitude from a smart-alecky Vette driver and approves of a Mustang win any day -- even Sunday!

Quick Reply: run with vette