Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hood ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 12:13 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Default Hood ideas

I need ideas for my hood. You can see from my sig what I have so far. But my hood is plain. I toyed with the idea of a black hood. There's a guy on ebay selling hoods that have been removed from customized 'stangs for $137. I thought about getting a black one. But I think that's too much black. I don't really want Le Mans stripes / Shelby stripes (2 10" stripes usually with pin stripes). Nice, but not what I want. I like some of the Mach I hood treatments, both the 69/70 Mach I's and the recent ones. I also like some of the Boss 302 style treatments. I don't have, nor do I want a hood scoop, BTW.

I'm planning to add side stripes, and maybe paint my wing black. So, can you guys show me some pictures of options for my hood? I'm especially interested in some things I can do myself. I've read that it's hard to apply decals to the hood because of the shape of it. But I don't have all the money in the world.

Oh, and I'm interested in keeping the whole black on orange look. So, bring on the pictures, and thanks in advance!
Old 02-17-2007, 12:32 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Hood ideas

Perhaps an SS Superstripe.....Either hood only, or all the way back....Combine with a black spoiler on your Grabber.....

You could do the whole thing, plus the spoiler for about 240.00...

Just a thought,

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/1FBD8AC1948C4C62B4419987065249A0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/24EB8EAC7CE94FDCA3D1EBCD53CF07BF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-17-2007, 02:31 AM
rslaurie
1st Gear Member

On the spoiler idea. I got takeoff black factory spoiler on ebay for about $110 a few months ago. It was easy to take off the old spoiler and put on the new one. I think painting your current spoiler might be a quite a bit more.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I suggest trying Cervinis. they have a kits that range from the Ram air hood to the boss 429 style hood. they also has a '70 esq blacked out spoiler, rear window louvers and the old school c stripe for the side.

http://www.cervinis.com Is the website I believe. they are reasonably priced and believe me, the hoods are directly bolt in, no adjusting whatsoever. we got the ram air hood for my mom's 05 GT and it bolted on without a problem, and they even have an included kit to relocate the washer fluid squirters...

in the name of modifying a mustang, visually, they are the best hands down...
Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I also forgot, that is one amazing color. those grabber orange cars are something else, and certianly the best color for the GT.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Perhaps an SS Superstripe.....Either hood only, or all the way back....Combine with a black spoiler on your Grabber.....

You could do the whole thing, plus the spoiler for about 240.00...

Just a thought,

Mike
Nice looking car. Well, I'm really looking for non-stripe ideas, really, though I do like your stripes better than the double ten-inchers.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:39 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rslaurie

On the spoiler idea. I got takeoff black factory spoiler on ebay for about $110 a few months ago. It was easy to take off the old spoiler and put on the new one. I think painting your current spoiler might be a quite a bit more.
Great idea! I'll look for one of those.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:42 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shelty

I also forgot, that is one amazing color. those grabber orange cars are something else, and certianly the best color for the GT.
Thanks. I originally wanted one of the reds, but this one had the equipment I wanted and was available. The color has grown on me, and I like the fact that it's unusual.

As far as the Cervinis stuff is concerned, it does look awesome, but I don't have that kind of cash lying around. Even if I did, I'm not sure I want to spend that much on the looks of the car. I'm looking for stuff more in the $100's range instead of the $1000's range, LOL.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

I'm kinda partial to saleens hood with the vents running longways on each side of the hood. Not cheap though. I think a flat black rear wing would look good.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:17 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I know you said you didn't want stripe ideas, but consider this....on Ebay a while back I saw avinyl stripe kit for $99....but it was the Foose Stallion style. Very very wide, starting like 3 inshed back on your hood, and then turning and going down the fender and part of the door in like a wide slash. I think that's a cool idea and not a bad price.

Look up Foose Stallion if you can't picture what I am saying.

Quick Reply: Hood ideas