Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windveil Blue vs. Vista Blue

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:41 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Windveil Blue vs. Vista Blue

Windveil Blue!! I liked the Tungsten....but my wife loved the WB....so, thats what we got. I didnt mind the color at first - but let me tell you, you will love it even more, the more you are around it. After I got the windows tinted - I have not regreted it one bit!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:07 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Here is a photo of mine...

[IMG]local://upfiles/40675/A8CF0724E6B748B29DB4F252DB5E558D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2007, 08:59 AM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

After we finished ordering our car (Tungsten Gray), no Mineral Gray for '06
We went and ate lunch, and as I watched the cars go by, I ask my wife....
What colors do you see ?
Tan,Champagne,White,Silver, more Tan, and more White she said,
Back to to the dealership,
Its the "BLUE" in the Oval,The "BLUE" in the blood !!
But they all look good, wish I could have one of each.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

Hi, Color is a personal choice. But I did look at all the colors in dealer lots on sunny/cloudy days and I liked Blue the best. Now to narrow down which, I like how the Vista Blue refects/mirrors the images around it. It's a beautiful color with the right amount of metalic in it. And the plus was when highly waxed it has that multi color affect depending on the angle you look at it in the sun. Now this was my personal opinion, I like all the colors and won't knock anyones car because of the color he/she chooses.

[IMG]local://upfiles/60765/50680F7646894C42807AAB0EB37E7D72.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2007, 11:06 AM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Mine is the Windveil Blue. When I look at itin my garageit almost looks like it has a pearl effect to it.I was at another dealer one night checking their supply of new Mustangs and when I turned around and looked at my own it looked beautiful under the lights.When I first bought it I hemed and hawed about the color but went back and bought it 2 weeks later.To me it stands out because it's differentand with acouple ofmodsI think it looks as good as any of the other colors.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13839/6C005C6319244ACF81E0531CB49CC1BD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Jens07stang
1st Gear Member

I'm a huge vista blue fan butprobably can't contribute too much here being a girl.....but the second I saw a Vista Blue on the road, I had to go get a mustang, and in vista. To me it looks like the all-American color of blue and with the red tail lights against it, I was hooked immediately.

I see no purple hues during daylight hours. When I took delivery at night, I was surprised to see a little purple reflection going on in the color, but still really sharp mostly blue tones and I rarely see that purple tone on the car - it has to be at night, and even then, not always. (I do feel that the vista blue is a true guy color, so I had to hang a crystal from the rear view mirror to make me feel girlyish - ha, ha - true!)

The other side is that I'm washing it constantly! But I'm inspired to wash it so much to keep that gorgeous color showing well, so I think it's a good thing.

Of course too as someone pointed out thnk about whether you want to stripe it, and other accessories/mods/vert topyou're going for and how you think that will look with each.

Hope this helps. Both are really nice colors. You may have seen the sonic when your thinking of the purple tones? Have fun picking one out and best of luck!
Old 02-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

As you can see I have the Windveil Blue, but I haven't seen a color I don't like yet.

Sorry can't help you, but as earlier stated it is really your preference that matters.

Rusty
Old 02-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Georgian
1st Gear Member

I appreciate all the responses. It pretty tough to choose, cause they look so dang good. The colors that I wont even think about are black, yallow, red, etc. So its either Vista, Windveil, or Satin Silver.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:15 PM
RedNyt GT
2nd Gear Member

I personally like the Vista/Sonic blue and thats what I thought I really wanted....then I saw the Redfire in person and loved it. So, thats what I bought. I think both colors look great.... just gotta get what you like
Old 02-18-2007, 12:18 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I was going to purchase a black Mustang but thought, Dang, I hadalready owned a black on black GT once.....go for a different color! When I saw all the colors on the lot available, the Vista Blue stuck out. At night it shows off it's color in hues that is very eye catching.

Quick Reply: Windveil Blue vs. Vista Blue