Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouths

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Triple T
1st Gear Member

Default SLP Loudmouths

A few questions...

1) Are they as easy to install as they are marketed... literally 30 mins just bolt on?
2) Is it ok to install on a stock 07 w/o a tune/headers/intake etc.. (as a first mod - the rest to come)?
3) Are they still super loudw/o doing the x/h pipe? Anything louder?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Fambaa
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouths

Ive been told that they are rather easy to put on, also it would be fine to do without a tune and as a 1st mod. But as my own opinion i think flow 40's are loader ( with or without cats your choice ) and sound much better to me....( i think slp's sound a little ricey to me... just me i guess)

Now went with flowmasters but if i had the chance i would go back and put cherry bombs on mine cause i heard a charger with them and they sound wicked
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

They are easy to install, and NO tune is required...

All i have is the SLP and no other exhaust MOD as of yet..

As for sounding rice..I TOTALLY disagree..they are LOUD...But in a good way..I researched for months.. They sound like you have a lot more going on under there then just Pipes.. I love mine..
Old 02-20-2007, 04:22 PM
s197

i had the louthmouths on my stang. just took them off today and put the stock mufflers back on because i added a h-pipe. they sound really good without the o/r h-pipe... REALLY LOUD with it... and i live on a military base so i was worried about offending people here who outrank me =) I am probably going to sell my slp's if you are interested in getting some just let me know it will save you a few bucks.

They are easy to put on takes a few minutes just bolts right on in place of the factory muffler.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

They are easy to install, and NO tune is required...

All i have is the SLP and no other exhaust MOD as of yet..

As for sounding rice..I TOTALLY disagree..they are LOUD...But in a good way..I researched for months.. They sound like you have a lot more going on under there then just Pipes.. I love mine..
+1 Been running mine for over a year now and I love them. Alot of people already told me they like the sound of the car with them on. When you go WOT, they really sound good.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:48 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Triple T

A few questions...

1) Are they as easy to install as they are marketed... literally 30 mins just bolt on?
2) Is it ok to install on a stock 07 w/o a tune/headers/intake etc.. (as a first mod - the rest to come)?
3) Are they still super loud w/o doing the x/h pipe? Anything louder?
1) yes, you'll spend most of the time taking the stock exhaust off, and adjust the SLP tips.
2) yes
3) yes (I took mines off after a few days, they were too loud for me)
Old 02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

I just ordered my Pypes "Violators" the install seems quite simple. As for the sound I used the sound bites on Brenspeed website and decided on the Violators. I will have them on in a few days.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:10 PM
06stangtime
1st Gear Member

just go on ebay and stock mufflers, cut the muffler off the pipe then get pacesetter resonators with chrome tips welded on
and save about $200... I think SLP loudmouths are way over priced for what they are...as well as most axle backs
for the Mustang....
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Dont need a tune, install is simple, and are VERY loud. Took mine off and put stock muffler back on, so if youd like ill gladly sell mine if you're interested.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Dont need a tune, install is simple, and are VERY loud. Took mine off and put stock muffler back on, so if youd like ill gladly sell mine if you're interested.
How much do you want for yours?

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouths