Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default Louvers

So what do you guys think about thislouver for the rear window? Is there anyone out there who has this and if so, how hard was it to mount and is there any drilling?

http://www.ninosport.com/Astra-Hammo...;category=4942
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Louvers

I like em. Those are the ones I will get, if the PJ louvers don't become available....

That being said, you may want to keep an eye on this link....

http://www.amazon.com/Astra-Hammond-...p;s=automotive

They were selling them for 229.00 delivered, and ran out of stock yesterday. I didn't find out until it was too late.....[:'(][:'(] Yes, they are the same aluminum (not plastic) louvers.

Mike
Old 02-24-2007, 02:03 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Why would you want them?

Function?
Old 02-24-2007, 02:06 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

personally, i hate the rear louvers. something about it just looks tacky to me. i know some of you guys like the old "retro" look - but its not for me.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I think they look great!
Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

I really like the look of the aluminum louvers, gives it that retro look. I will be ordering some in the spring. I you get these post some info on the install. Good Luck
Old 02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I bought the astra hammond textured louvers, I didn't want to take a chance with aluminum cause I thought they might tend to get bent.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

Personally, and it's obviously a matter of taste, I like how they look. My next addition will be the rear and side window louvers. I like the look of black ones regardless of car color. Since my stripes are black I think it'll be a nice look. Mlcrycc ... your car looks outstanding. It's almost like getting to see what mine looks like from another point of view. Love my mineral grey (especially since it's no longer an option) Our vehicles look very similar (color, striping, wheels/tires etc.)... except for the hood scoop and well, some hp since I'm in a v6.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:24 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puckhog407

Personally, and it's obviously a matter of taste, I like how they look. My next addition will be the rear and side window louvers. I like the look of black ones regardless of car color. Since my stripes are black I think it'll be a nice look. Mlcrycc ... your car looks outstanding. It's almost like getting to see what mine looks like from another point of view. Love my mineral grey (especially since it's no longer an option) Our vehicles look very similar (color, striping, wheels/tires etc.)... except for the hood scoop and well, some hp since I'm in a v6.
LOL, thanks man. I appreciate it. How about getting some pics up, so we can see?? Ya, I wish I woulda seen the Amazon post earlier. Even though I am not really ready, I would have been all over those back louvers for that price.......

Mike
Old 02-25-2007, 03:40 AM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

I will definitely get some pics up here soon. Tried today but when I uploaded the pic it said it wasn't supported ... I'll try again from my other computer since this one is older (Win98). Anyway, I met my ex-wife in Southern California. Irvine to be exact. I was out there quite a few times and I have to say, I envy the smooth roads. In Michigan our roads are battered by winter and before the holes get fixed in the spring it can seem like you're constantly trying to avoid hitting a pot hole. Again, nice job with your Stang ... not overdone and just enough to stand out. I'll get those pics up soon.

Quick Reply: Louvers