Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector Cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:53 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fuel Injector Cleaner

ORIGINAL: rap87

I've been reading this thread so the general consensus, is that its not really needed, but if you are going to use one...which one is okay by Ford...? The Chevron Techron or? Also, how does this intake cleaner work, spray it through the throttle body or? How many miles before you do it?

P.S. While we are on the topic of additives, has anyone used Mobil 1 + Tuffoil? I've heard after your car has reached 10k and is pretty well broken in Tuffoil additive is the slipperiest substance in the world...good for the car?

I would and haveuse the Techron in the past. I wouldn't use the snake oil additives in the engine oil. I feel they aren't needed especially if you use synthetics. Remember STP, Slick 50and all the PTFE products? Gone but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
rap87
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: rap87

I've been reading this thread so the general consensus, is that its not really needed, but if you are going to use one...which one is okay by Ford...? The Chevron Techron or? Also, how does this intake cleaner work, spray it through the throttle body or? How many miles before you do it?

P.S. While we are on the topic of additives, has anyone used Mobil 1 + Tuffoil? I've heard after your car has reached 10k and is pretty well broken in Tuffoil additive is the slipperiest substance in the world...good for the car?
Yeah I just found an article that would make me leary of using it even, if I thought it was good for the car...so the only question on that issue is

Amsoil or Mobil 1?

I would and haveuse the Techron in the past. I wouldn't use the snake oil additives in the engine oil. I feel they aren't needed especially if you use synthetics. Remember STP, Slick 50and all the PTFE products? Gone but not forgotten.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I would use Sea Foam.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:12 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

How does introducing top end cleanerswork for guys with Forced induction? Is this stuff ok to be drawn through the blower on it's way to the induction tracts?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I use one of the name brands approximately every 10,000 miles in all my vehicles. I tend to alternate between injector cleaner and system cleaner. Another reason my 5 Toyota's racked upnear or over200,000 miles each and never needed injector cleaning.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM
mpatilla
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

True dat!
Old 01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i just put a bottle of lucas fuel injector cleaner in my car on the last fill up.. and about to do oil, and clean the filter.. been feeling some throttle lag, so maybe thats why.. but only got like 11k miles

Old 01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

... been feeling some throttle lag...
If the cleaner doesn't fix it, try resetting the ECM by killing power for a few minutes. I've read where the ECM will adjust to driving habits and resetting it will take away throttle lag.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:32 AM
PhattyDre16
2nd Gear Member

Im surprised nobody here uses Lucas. I use it rarely at 10,000m intervals. You can tell when you use it; it makes things smoother.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:23 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I would like someones take on this as well......anyone?

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

How does introducing top end cleanerswork for guys with Forced induction? Is this stuff ok to be drawn through the blower on it's way to the induction tracts?

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Cleaner