Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
dafeesh
1st Gear Member

Default interior questions

Looking at the ford site at the interior options, and i have a couple of Q's for those in the know. Does anyone have pics of the premier trim package. I'm most interested int the wrapped and stitched interior pieces. When I was at the dealer months ago, they had a GT500 that must have just come it. It had a really cool dash pad with wrapped leather and stitching. I thought it looked really class compared to the standard dash, which isn't bad. It didn't seem like a really expensive option, so I was wondering if anyone wanted to toss in a testimonial, or show pics. Thanks in advance.

PS im a new member here and i gotta say I'm impressed by the wealth of knowledge here as well as how cool people are for the most part.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: interior questions

i have the interior upgrade package and
i like it. as for your other specific questions,
i'm not sure
Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Many GT500 parts, both interior and exterior, will not be available on your Mustang GT or V-6. I like the steering wheel from the GT500, but once again- Not Available!
I'm looking over through the brochures. In 2005 & 2006 there wasn't a Premiere Trim Option, just the red interior option. The 2007 one says it has a "wrapped and stitched instrument panel brow, console lid and upgraded door armrests, satin shifter, aluminum pedal covers, leather seats, door-trim inserts, floor mats and 5 interior color combinations."
Smoe of this sounds like stuff that I have but I'm not sure if this would include those new 2 tone seats. It does require the IUP.
So everyone with the Premier Trim Package on your window sticker give us some photos!
Old 03-04-2007, 11:34 PM
dafeesh
1st Gear Member

Yeah the wrapped and stitched part is what interested me most. Interior quality is really important to me. I'll head down to the dealer tomorrow and ask if I have time.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:06 AM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

I have the Premier Trim option and love it.My dash is wrapped in black leather and the brow has, I think, 3 or 4 rows of stitching on the leading edge and driver/passenger dash panel seams. The wheel, door arm rests, and center console are also leather wrapped with stitching on all seams. The leather feels strong, and the finish is tight. Other than the smooth wheel, the leather has a nice bumpy skin look, similar to the plastic panels, except it's real.I didn't like the original '05 interior and actually held off buying the car until they offered thisleather upgrade. Looks WAY better.Without the upgrade, you might sit onleather seats but spend all your drive time looking at a plastic dash. The leather upgrade unifies the interior into an upscale performanceambiance. Also, I think you need this option if you want heated seats, which my gf loves. She gets in and hits the hot seat button. My only complaint is the stupid solid billet shift ****. It's burning hot in the summer and ice cold in winter. I want to replaceit with a leather ****.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:28 AM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

I have the Premier Trim option and love it.My dash is wrapped in black leather and the brow has, I think, 3 or 4 rows of stitching on the leading edge and driver/passenger dash panel seams. The wheel, door arm rests, and center console are also leather wrapped with stitching on all seams. The leather feels strong, and the finish is tight. Other than the smooth wheel, the leather has a nice bumpy skin look, similar to the plastic panels, except it's real.I didn't like the original '05 interior and actually held off buying the car until they offered thisleather upgrade. Looks WAY better.Without the upgrade, you might sit onleather seats but spend all your drive time looking at a plastic dash. The leather upgrade unifies the interior into an upscale performanceambiance. Also, I think you need this option if you want heated seats, which my gf loves. She gets in and hits the hot seat button. My only complaint is the stupid solid billet shift ****. It's burning hot in the summer and ice cold in winter. I want to replaceit with a leather ****.
Hahaha yeah **** sure is a pain in the butt, but it goes really well with the rest of the interior. And the dash stiching is definitly a noticeable detail i get complemented on it retty often. I remember reading about the interior reviews in some mag and they were discribing it as a 10k interior in a 30k car. At least Uncle Ford didn't screw that up.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 AM
Jays Mustang
3rd Gear Member

I have the Interior Upgrade Package on my V6 and makes a big difference. The leather wrap steering wheel is far more comfortable, the silver trim makes a nice offset. I test drove a Mustang that had the base interior and was too bland. Plus I like full gauges (not idiot lights) Which is part of the Interior Upgrade package. The contrast between the black panal door insert and the Parchment interior looks cool too. Also the Message Center is part of the Package which tells a lot of useful info. Average MPG, MPH, Gal Used, etc. That I like alot.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:05 PM
dafeesh
1st Gear Member

thanks for the replys. I was also holding off until there was a nice interior available. None of the GT's on my dealers lot had the interior upgrade, so it looks like i'll have to order one from the factory when the time comes. I was looking forward to getting one under sticker because they have such a big inventory. I went to the orlando auto show a couple of years and when I sat in the mustang I was just not impressed. I almost decided to go with the 350z instead because it was my second choice for a "fun" car and it has a really nice interior. But the leather stitched dash is impressive and it sways me back to my original favorite car.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
FPN004

Yeah, I had the same question that you did when I was ordering mine. Then I saw the two optionis (one with the Premier Trim package and one without) sitting next to each other in the dealer's lot and decided that an extra $400 was undoubtably worth it just for the wrapped and stitched dash and console. Everything else that comes with it is really just an added bonus for me.

Pete
Old 03-05-2007, 12:14 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Anyway we can get some pictures of this stuff guys?

Quick Reply: interior questions