Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh from the battlefield!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 07:02 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default Fresh from the battlefield!

Adrenaline still pumping, rubber still melting, and brakes still steaming. Ok, so on my way home tonight around 3:30 Im cruisin along doing the speed limit (55) and I see in my rearview these 3 cars, coming up quick. So they pass me, first one is a Benz, second is a Navigator, and third is an Expedition. So by now Im intrigued because 3 cars just blew by me like I was parked, so I speed up and pass the first two and come up next to the Benz. I get a good look at it as Im pulling on it, regular looking Benz at first, black, chrome rims, dark tinted windows and, wait, what, dual exhaust??? Ok so by this point Im past intrigued and now Im curious, so the second I get beside it, it just takes off... no way I was going to let them blow me off like that, I wanted to get a look. So I speed up, and catch up to it, and then it slows down a bit and I guess tries to rev by speeding up then slowing back down again. So I took that to mean "I want a piece." So I let them make the first move, and I drop it outta OD and step on it, it was from about a 60 mph roll up to about 110. Left him in the dust! So they flashed their brights at me to signify their loss, so I slow down.... They want some more, same lurching movement. So I wait for them to make a move then nail it again. This time it was more of a slow pull than a straight blow out, but I still came out about 6 cars ahead ending around 115. So we come to a light where we are both turning left, and they have their window down, but my tint is too dark so I cant see. Im not sure I want to roll mine down just yet, so I dont. They speed away from the light so I lay on it and catch up and pull ahead little but we get another red light. This time I drop my window. Its a chick! Yes, a middle aged, barbie/cutie style rich girl that has a really nice toy. So she says "Hey baby, come get some!". I just smile and nod, shaking my head in pleasure because this is our first race from a dig, and I mean come on... its a Benz. So I rev up a bit and do a bit of staging and let her loose when the light turns green. I still cant get traction and pretty much spin through 1st and 2nd, and shes right beside me until I bite 3rd hard and pull like theres no tomorrow. I totally obliterated her. So much so, that I had to slow to about 10 mph to let her catch up. So we are just toying around after this, passing each other, playing around, that sorta thing. We get to another light and there are people in front of us, so we chill out and do the speed limit until they turn off the road, we then keep going straight and get to a nice long straight away and she took off and I couldnt catch her. We hit a red light and got in the left turn lanes and she says "That was ****in awesome!" and I yell over to her "How much hp does that thing have?", to which she replies "Its got a V12 baby! Yeah, Come on!!" So she takes off turning left through the green light and I whip around and catch up to her, we start from about 70 mph and she freakin takes off like a rocket.... totally leaves me in the dust. I couldnt gain fast enough, so she slows down and I say "You got me!" and she says "Yeah" so we go one more time from about 80 and again, same story, she leaves me behind. So once I catch up, I give her a wave and say "Nice" and she says "Have a good night baby!" and I slow down and do a U-ey and she gives me a nice goodbye honk and heads off, so I make my way home.

I definately gotta say that thing sounded pretty freakin good for a luxury car, and didnt look too bad either. So gimme the scoop guys, what was it, how much hp did it have, and did I get lucky or kick some nice ***?

Also, I am aware street racing is bad, and I dont do it all the time, so dont lecture me, I dont care to hear it. There was no one on the road, when there was we cut it out, and it was 3:30 am and I had a long night, so I was having some fun. Disclaimer: The story is fake.

No but seriously, what was the Benz I saw?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:24 AM
TheDarkPath
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fresh from the battlefield!

Sounds like a fun time. I think the V12s are offered in the SL600 and SL65 AMG. I've never seen a SL65 AMG on the road so that'd have been a trip. Was it a long coupe or 4-door?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:33 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

You made my eyes go cross reading a fake story line!!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:13 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

I was coming home from the track last summer and was at a stoplight leading to an interstate on ramp. There was a Mercedes vert next to me with a mid-50's guy and girl in it. When the light turned green (left turn x 2 lanes), I realized my lane was ending so I jumped ahead. That must have set him off, cause 1/4 mile down the road I get this 100+ ricer fly-by. I get up beside him and we punch it. Smoked 'em something terrible. Then I look in my mirror and see the fly-by thing again. Then he turns off at the next exit...obviously enjoying his apparent "kill."
Old 03-11-2007, 12:37 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

So I don't get it. The first few times you beat her was she just toying with you? If it had a V12 it was a "X"600 and it could very well beat you. Was it 2dr, 4dr, vert, what? The 600 come in S, SL, and CL guise.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:58 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

Love at first bite!!! awwwwwwwwwwww!
Old 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

lol she was playing with u the whole time. the v12 is offered by the AMG line of benzs only, so it could have been a number of cars. 2 door, 4 door, roadster? if u had ur windows down u could have told us if u heard the twin turbos on that v12, that would sound so amazing omg and then narrow down the search for what engine it was bc there r two v12 amg has the twin turbo one (omgwtf twin turbo a v12 jesus) and the non turbo one lolz.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:04 PM
Jurnymn
2nd Gear Member

And hereI was wondering why she didn't offer you a chance to hit it. [:-]
Old 03-11-2007, 06:03 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

It was a really long 2 door coupe. The hood looked like it took up 70% of the car. I was thinking that she was toying with me at first... and thats very possible, cause those last few times she just destroyed me and I was gaining but very, very slowly. Honestly, I had my windows down, but when she took off all I heard was exhaust because she passed me so damn fast so I have no idea if it was turbod or not. Like I said, the exhaust was surprisingly loud for a luxury type car. Im thinking about going back around there tonight to try and find her again. @ Jurnymn, Haha, Im riff-raff in her luxury sports car world, he car costs probably triple mine[8D].

Things I concluded from last night.... I need bigger, better brakes. I need more hp. I need better suspension. I want a V12 [8D].
Old 03-11-2007, 06:47 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

It was probably a McClaren Benz.

Almost a half million.

I'm impressed that she could drive it that well.

Go Girl.

Quick Reply: Fresh from the battlefield!