Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant about Mustang problems...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default Rant about Mustang problems...

ok, Ive had this car for a little over a year and here is my list of known problems (2006 GT)

Taken to the dealership 2 times for messed up fuel tank sensors. The sensors still do not read correctly.

Taken to the dealership once for malfunctions in rear brakes. I ended up just doing it myself.

Taken to the dealership once recently because of overheating/radiator leaking fluid. I stopped in my driveway the other day and noticed huge amounts of radiator fluid pouring out of it's container. I just got her back from the dealership yesterday and the radiator container is still whistling like it is about to explode.

I also listed about 10 rattles and annoying noises in the cabin when I took it to the dealership, so they could fix it. They fixed none.

I need to take it to the dealership for a loose exhaust pipe.

And I am certain there are other problems I can't think of or just don't know about yet.

Oh, and forgot to mention everytime I go to pick her up from the dealership, they look at me like I am joking or something. (Because of my age, I suppose)

Ok, Rant over
Old 03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Rant about Mustang problems...

I'm glad I haven't had any problems with mine.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I would try a different dealer or ask to speak with the service manager if your issues are not getting handled to your satifisfaction.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:04 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Try another dealership also.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:10 PM
Stooge
2nd Gear Member

Wonder why Ford is in receivership?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:13 PM
GNATSUM
1st Gear Member

sometimes you can get a bad car, but mainly i heard that they are pretty reliable
Old 03-13-2007, 08:21 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

My advice on the radiator issue is to do with it what you did with the brakes: do it yourself. It sounds like the system is just over-filled. On Ford modular V8s I've found that I have to sort of "burp" the system when I'm refilling it after a flush. I usually do the following:

After draining the old coolant out and securing the drain spout, I add one gallon of anti-freeze followed by one gallon of distilled water. At this point it's usually just about running over. If it's not, continue to add a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water until the degas bottle is at the hot-fill level. Cork it all back up and start the car. Turn the heater on hot and let it run while you let the car get up to temperature. Once the thermostat opens you'll see the coolant level drop big time. At that point shut the engine off and wait while it cools down. This will take some time, be patient. When the engine is cool open the coolant system back up and continue to add a 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water until you get it up the cold fill line on the degas bottle. You may need to do this a couple of times to get all the air out of the system.

As long as the system is not over-filled I don't see why it would blow out the top of the degas bottle. Unless you're overheating and it's boiling. But I'm assuming that's not the case here.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

That sucks!!! Mine has been great.
I hope you get it all worked out soon and start enjoying t.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:58 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Thurman

That sucks!!! Mine has been great.
I hope you get it all worked out soon and start enjoying t.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I love this car so much! I have throughly enjoyed this car every day I've had it. But for a car that is costs high 20's, I would expect a lot less problems.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

+1million
They should be begging you to do warranty work. They make more off of it
ORIGINAL: grabberorange1

I would try a different dealer or ask to speak with the service manager if your issues are not getting handled to your satifisfaction.

Quick Reply: Rant about Mustang problems...