Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X-Cal or Predator

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Debo07GT

Default X-Cal or Predator

I am planning on getting a programmer for my 07, which one are most of you using? Depending on whereI get it from, they each offer their own custom tunes.Is any one place's tunes better than another?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: X-Cal or Predator

Go with either Brenspeed or B amachips. There are awesome tuners. You should really consider getting a CAI also to get the most gains possible. Brenspeed only sells SCT and but Doug @ B ama carries either. I like my predator...it allows me to shut O2 sensors off and I have been told that the SCT doesnt have this....otherwise they both can change speedo for tire size, gears, etc. Good luck and welcome to the forums.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

I have the SCT X-CAL 2. I think most people on here have this too.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

also with the sct x-cal 2 i love it..good throttle response and power
Old 03-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Debo07GT

I have mil elims. on the car already so shutting off the sensor wouldn't really be a problem. Do they both pretty much do the same thing, or will one make more power than the other?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

the physical tuner is not what gives the power....the tuner that writes the tune does.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:33 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

Is there any advantage to turning off your o2's other than no check engine light with off road pipe?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Not to my knowledge, but shutting off the light is enough for me.....if you plan on this mod you can tell, Brent or Doug and they can also do it when they write the tune, but you can do it yourself with the predator.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:49 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking sct but I've been using the predator on my truck and I am happy with the results so I might just remain loyal. Support is awesome at DiabloSport.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:34 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

Both Tuners are equally good, the question is, if you want to get a dyno tune, what does your dyno tuner support? From my experience most of thm support the Xcal because the program available to the them gives them more flexibility. The predator has mor functionality available on the handheld tuner itself but according to the dyno tuners in my area, it's nothing compared to what is available to them from Xcal.

If however you plan on doing your own modifications based on data logging from actual runs, the predator might be better for you since it has more user tuneable paramaters. I know a guy at the track that tweaks his tune after each run based on information from the data logs and he gets some impresive gains.

That being said, I have a predator tuner which I purchased before the Xcal 2 was available. I was considering selling it and getting an xcal 2 but now that Doug supports the predator, I may just buy a tune from him and go with that.

Quick Reply: X-Cal or Predator