Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sattelite radio setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 01:00 AM
Grenaten

Default Sattelite radio setup

Does anyone else have sirius sattelite radio in their mustang (dont know how similar xm would be). If so how do you have it set-up (pics would be awesome). I'm trying to find the best setup in terms of how the neat the thing looks (no wires hanging everywhere) while stil being functional.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

Default RE: Sattelite radio setup

i have sirius

i am using the jvc interface...i will take some pics real quick...gimme a minute
Old 03-16-2007, 01:03 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Mine came with sirius stock sorry bro
Old 03-16-2007, 01:06 AM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

I have an '07, so I have the input plug in the console. I have an XM radio receiver in there. It's not too neat, but it's all in the console, so at least nothing shows. The antenna wire runs out the back of the console and is routed under the seat to the trunk. I have the antenna on the trunk lid.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:15 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

I just went and took three...sorry they are bad....its dark and raining a lot here.....and therefore since it has been raining lately i havent seen any sense in cleaning the inside as you see.....sweet a skittle!!!.....anyways.....i had the replay on top of my dash and someone broke in my car and stole it,so i just got the interface and hid it under the seat so it isnt as obvious.....the wires go under my carpet up to the back of the radio....it was very easy to install and it picks up better than my other receiver did.....

Old 03-16-2007, 01:19 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

umm...that is an 03, not s197....install would be different.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:22 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

oh my bad i didnt even notice that this was s197 room....sorry.....but if you are installing one from nothing then yea it would be the same
Old 03-16-2007, 01:23 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

hehe....what you have isnt that bad...it might even work for ours
Old 03-16-2007, 01:26 AM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

i love it...and it was super easy to do...
Old 03-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grenaten

Does anyone else have sirius sattelite radio in their mustang (dont know how similar xm would be). If so how do you have it set-up (pics would be awesome). I'm trying to find the best setup in terms of how the neat the thing looks (no wires hanging everywhere) while stil being functional.
The installs are basically the same, if you've got one of those add-ons. Here's some pics of how I routed mine, and mounted it...Visually, the only wires you see are the ones that run immediately from the power supply to the side of my dash, and then the ones that snake around from the door and the side panel...

If you want more pics, I'll take them tomorrow and post them when it's light outside.

If you look carefully, you can see the power wire running in the seam between the upper and lower dash. It runs over the steering column, then in the seam between the dash again, and into the power mount just above the stereo itself. I had to run it to this power supply because of the length of the power cord, unfortunately...

The unit itself is mounted to the windshield via a suction mount (which is supposedly illegal in CA, but I have yet to have a cop stop me for it, and if they do, I'll just take it down until they go away, then stick it back up again) with the line out connector running down the side of the door underneath the plastic door sill, then under my seat and into the Line In connection inside the glove box. I could've used an FM modulator/power supply, but the sound quality isn't NEARLY as good...

The antenna wire runs behind to the side of the car where the door meets, snakes up and under the front quarterpanel lip edge, and then comes up to run in the rain gutter up to the top of the driver's side of the windshield.

Quick Reply: Sattelite radio setup