Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

antenna question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Vista_Blue_GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: antenna question?

ORIGINAL: dlamib

ORIGINAL: Vista_Blue_GT

this made me think of a question that i wanted to get answered...is there a antenna delete kit for a 06 mustang...i know there is one for foxes and new edge stangs

and if you dont know what this is its a flat little plastic piece that covers up the hole from the antenna when you take it off
UPR Makes a billet aluminum delete for 05 thru 07 stangs. They run about $14.00 + shipping. You can order one thru unjustified motorsports.com or straight from UPR. I have one installed on my pony and F150. Hope this helps

[IMG]local://upfiles/64161/131D2253A94248D89D12C89458335A51.jpg[/IMG]
is that the little plug type thing??? if so i have seen those but there is a little plate for the 99-04 mustangs that you can get that takes away the whole antenna box thing and i was wondering if they made them for 05-07 stangs...but if they dont i will probably go with one of them
Old 03-22-2007, 02:45 AM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07mustanggt

Ok, so I have sirius satellite radio, and i want a shorter antenna. Well we called a guy about ordering one and he said that you couldnt put a different antenna on and still have sirius satellite radio? Is this true?
Call that guy back and tell him that "Perdi says you are an idiot"...

everyone knows that all you need to do is wear an Aluminium Foil Hat... not only will you get great reception, it keeps the 'voices' down...

Whoops, gotta run, medication time.....
Old 03-22-2007, 03:34 PM
dlamib

ORIGINAL: dlamib

this made me think of a question that i wanted to get answered...is there a antenna delete kit for a 06 mustang...i know there is one for foxes and new edge stangs

and if you dont know what this is its a flat little plastic piece that covers up the hole from the antenna when you take it off
UPR Makes a billet aluminum delete for 05 thru 07 stangs. They run about $14.00 + shipping. You can order one thru unjustified motorsports.com or straight from UPR. I have one installed on my pony and F150. Hope this helps

[IMG]local://upfiles/64161/131D2253A94248D89D12C89458335A51.jpg[/IMG]
is that the little plug type thing??? if so i have seen those but there is a little plate for the 99-04 mustangs that you can get that takes away the whole antenna box thing and i was wondering if they made them for 05-07 stangs...but if they dont i will probably go with one of them
Hey Vista Blue

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes. It is a plug type. Mine sets about 1" of the top of the hood and looks nice. I get alot of compliments on it. AlsoI have XM service and with the delete XM comes in crystal clear without having to buy and expensive adaptor for my shaker. The only draw back is if you listen to the local radio stations whichI dont they will not come in. Strictly CD's and XM for me.As for the plate that you are refering to; I am not sure if these are made for the 05 thru 07 stangs. Your best bet is to contact UPR direct for this. UPR deals mostly in spun billet alluminum products and might have it.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:40 PM
dlamib

ORIGINAL: Perdi

Ok, so I have sirius satellite radio, and i want a shorter antenna. Well we called a guy about ordering one and he said that you couldnt put a different antenna on and still have sirius satellite radio? Is this true?
Call that guy back and tell him that "Perdi says you are an idiot"...

everyone knows that all you need to do is wear an Aluminium Foil Hat... not only will you get great reception, it keeps the 'voices' down...

Whoops, gotta run, medication time.....
Hey PerdiI concure. My foil hat got a dent in it though so the voices told me to write this. Whoever gave him that advice does not have much experience with satellite radio.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Perdi
2nd Gear Member

I know a guy who can fix that dent for ya....His name is Reynold and he is the best in the biz...
Old 03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

sorry to go off topic but, doesn anyone have the 8" shorty antenna? If yes, how's the reception on it compared to stock? And how about the 14"?
Just fine, no difference in reception.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:31 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

If you have terrain features near you the reception will change. I have the 8" shorty and my reception is ****. but I just listen to sat anyway
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
JimC

I have Sirius and when I wash the car I take the AM/FM mast antenna off and sometimes don't bother to put it back on for awhile since I listen to Sirius.

The AM/FM mast isn't needed --
unless maybe if you are using the "plug and play" dash mounted Sirius and the wireless broadcast to get the sound to your car radio. Since my Sirius goes directly through the Shaker, I don't use the wireless broadcast like my wife's Focus. I'll have to check it on her Focus and see if the radio still receives the signal.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

On the shorty antenna's, can you just unscrew the factory antenna and screw in the new one? Or do you have to replace the whole base??
Old 03-25-2007, 02:09 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

unscrew the old and put in the new one it really is just that easy! J

Quick Reply: antenna question?