Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF Carpet ripped

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:31 AM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Default WTF Carpet ripped

WTF,

You guys know the plastic "anchor" on the driver side floorboard to prevent the floor mat from sliding around ? well it kept the floor mat in place all right, and ripped the carpet !!

Why would ford put this anchor in if it could not do what it is supposed to do !!?!?!?!?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:34 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WTF Carpet ripped

I have only seen this once before. We replace the carpet. Take it to your dealer, if you still are nder warranty.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ I thought this was the bunny with a pancake on his head guy! I love that sig pic makes me laugh every time I see it J
Old 04-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I was thinking about getting new floor mats for my 2005 Mustang. I am starting to get some Billet things happening in the Stang. I have ordered the Polished Automatic Shifter Covers and getting Door Lock Pins soon.
I was checking out the mats and notice the carpeting where I saw the plastic hook to hold it into place. Yes its ripped.
I see on here thats its under warranty. I really hope so.

I wish someone would come up with another idea besides that crappy one thats there now.
They should have bolted it into place. Even if its over the carpeting with 2 bolts.

How about a Billet Style Anchor? I should contact UPR Productsand suggest it.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:50 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Seen this happen numerous times and each time the dealer fixed it under warranty. Come on, what do you want for a 300hp car under 30K? [8D]j\k
Old 04-14-2007, 09:14 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

somebody else had posted this same problem not too long ago......

Dealer gave him a hard time about it, cuz he had "after market" mats............

[:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Cool its under warranty, but how frickin long will it take them to install the new carpeting?
I always end up taking the Stang there and they have to check if its under warranty. You know, the car itself. I just asked last week for the plastic clips that hold the plastic trim in the backseat and the carpeting. They replaced the passanger side and now the dam thing in the drivers side came out. Not to note the one in the trunk. They need to have the car there to see it and then they have to order them. This carpeting thing should be a blast. Here's waht they will say to me," You'll have to leave it here for a few days and we'll see what happens."

I wonder if they had anybody tell them to change the way its been made or some kind of idea to stop it from doing that.

Oh yeah, how about the left corner on the drivers side. The foot rest area. Its worn too.
Lets get something done about that too.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I just called about the ripped carpeting on the drivers side. Just as I expected, you have to bring it on the see if its covered.if its the company's problem or mine. I knew thats what they were going to say. I said I was thinking about buying new floor mats and didnt want to buy them until this was fixed.

They said the only ones will work in it is the factory ones with the holes. BS. They think they can steer me wrong by saying that. If they didnt have that part just stuck into the carpeting, just you thrown the ones without the holes. Thats the only difference.

It would have been better if they just ran a long strip of velcro across the carpeting and across the mat. It would work better than that anchor.

If they don't want to fix it, then I am going to remove the anchor and glue the area down to blend it together.
I will buy the floor mats without the hole then.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

It's under warranty, have it replaced.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
06jalmustang

Yeah my carpet did the same in my v6 and they are going to replace it under warranty. No questions asked Jason

Quick Reply: WTF Carpet ripped