MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   RPM Outlet Good or Bad, PLZ Comment (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/266962-rpm-outlet-good-or-bad-plz-comment.html)

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 10:29 PM

RPM Outlet Good or Bad, PLZ Comment

A friend of mine and I are considering going in together to purchasing engine mods, We both have mustang gt's 2005 and 2006. I have noticed that some of the items on RPM are quite a bit cheaper than other sites. Was wondering if anyone has bought from them and how thier service was( speed of shipping, customer service, product quality). Any input would be greatfully appreciated. My friend is looking into getting a CAI intake package with underdrive pulleys and trottle body, with either a diablo sport or sct tuner with custom tune. How good are thier package tunes and how true are thier HP and TQ gains that are supposedly dyno proven. Thanks

Menace 03-30-2007 10:35 PM

RE: RPM Outlet Good or Bad, PLZ Comment

Well, I ordered an Over-axle pipe from them yesterday, so I can't comment on how quick delivery is yet. I would like to say it's best to spend the extra money to go with a company like Brenspeed/B-chips for tuning. I'm pretty sure anything you buy from RPM Outlet in that regards will just be the SCT or Predator preloaded tunes.

howarmat 03-30-2007 10:35 PM

https://mustangforums.com/m_2843843/tm.htm

Like stated below, B amachips or Brenspeed are much better options.

failurze_art 03-30-2007 10:47 PM

no they have "custom" tunes just like the other places. I went with them before I became a member of this forum and read some of the negative comments.

I have been pleased with their service so far, and I am going to get my complete exhaust from them also. Their price on a Pro-charger kit is unbelievable.

I am not sure their hp gains are realistic, but with the TB, udp's, cai and tune my car is like a whole new animal. I had to learn how to launch it all over again.

howarmat 03-30-2007 10:55 PM

ORIGINAL: failurze_art

no they have "custom" tunes just like the other places. I went with them before I became a member of this forum and read some of the negative comments.

I have been pleased with their service so far, and I am going to get my complete exhaust from them also. Their price on a Pro-charger kit is unbelievable.

I am not sure their hp gains are realistic, but with the TB, udp's, cai and tune my car is like a whole new animal. I had to learn how to launch it all over again.
By"other places" what are you referring to?

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 10:55 PM

Sorry all, didnt realize the previous post......From what i read it really is a crap shoot. But then again, seems like everywhere I go I am getting crap shot at me. Thanks again

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:02 PM

The majority of all you CAI Tune Stangers Refer to Brenspeed and Bama. May i ask those of you who ordered from brenspeed who you talked to and what makes them so special. I am not being snippy. Just curious who will give me the best advice an service possible! Thanks

Jackies Stang 03-30-2007 11:03 PM

B ama.....Lol that is funny it wont post! sry just thought it was funny

awakeinAZ 03-30-2007 11:07 PM

There is a software filter that blocks the "B" tuner. Politcal stuff I have heard.

FYI - there are mostly negative comments about RPM. I have no personal expeirence.

howarmat 03-30-2007 11:08 PM

Brent @ Brenspeed or Doug @ B ama are both very good and will help you out with any questions you have. I know Doug is very busy and has limited help and I am sure Brent it just as busy as it is the start of race season and everyone is bring the cars back from hibernation. Their tunes that they write for your car with change it into a different car completely. There will be no throttle lag and if you have an auto the shift points will also be firmer giving you a much better performing vehicle. Which ever route you choose you will be very happy with the products and the service.