Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Rear Ended Today :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Default Got Rear Ended Today :(

So I was stopped at a red light and this girl comes flying up behind me and slams on her brakes and just nails me! Knocked my rear part of the body kit clean off and bent my exhaust on the right side pretty good...almost scraping ground. Well, the State Patrol couldn't have been any nicer! He had just recently sold his (I believe) his 04 Mach 1. He stayed around after the girl and her parents left and looked at my car, wanted to listen to it, gave modding tips, and told me that he really wanted to look at one of these cars. Well i just got the car Friday and the wheels and tires on Saturday (see the post: Car with new pix) after waiting 8 weeks for it, and now I have to wait another 1-2 weeks or maybe more for my car to be fixed again oh well.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Got Rear Ended Today :(

That sucks!!! I am constantly on edge about driving out here in the bumper to bumper Cali traffic. Got rear ended on the freeway once, was at a dead stop and he was doing about 50 mph when he hit me. Lucky for me I was in a Durango and he was in a Lexus and the CHP was standing right there and saw the whole thing. Good luck with fixing it.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

American muscle gets respect... think how the situation would have been different if you were driving a Mexicanized Civic...
Old 04-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I had to go vomit when I read u got slammed. Hope u r ok. At lest the cop was cool.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:21 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

Ya, I'm fine, just my lower back is sore, but nothing that the chiropractor can't fix tomorrow
Old 04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Man that sucks! But I'm glad everything turned out right on your end. Post pics of her all cleaned up

I got hit sorta last week on my way to work (Bay Area CA commuter traffic). I was at aturn light and the woman behind was doing her makeup in the mirror. I was at the front and she must have thought our light turned green when it was only the people going straight that got the green. So she let off her brake (driving a newish Toyota Camry) and sorta bumped into me. She realized it and slammed back on the brake which saved me I think. Honestly, I didn't notice she hit me because I thought I just let off the clutch too much and killed my car. So when the light turned green we pulled over and I checked my car and it was perfectly fine (to my surprise)! So I guess I was lucky
Old 04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07mustanggt

Ya, I'm fine, just my lower back is sore, but nothing that the chiropractor can't fix tomorrow
Been there done that............

year and a hlf ago i was sitting at a light in my then 03 Chebby 1500 crew. Friend and me talkin, waiting for the light, the BBBLLLAAAAMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!

A limo slamed the rear of us screwing up my truck and luckly had the brakes on because it picked up the rear of the truck and pushed us a full car length! Cops came, he admitted fault, but i was feeling woosy because of the adrenialin rush and the impact. other then that felt ok. Wifey say's go get checked any way. Doc say's your ok , maybe some whip lash but, you will be hurtin tomorrow. I was in pain for 3 days............. Went to the practor and she fixed me right up! Nothing like a good looking women Bone cracker climbing all over ya making you feel good,,,,,, LOL

Hope your feelin better! The car can be replaced or fixed but people some times can not. Maybe could have been worse.

Pic's of the damage when your up to it?
Old 04-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I feel your pain pal, but glad you weren,t hurt. The car can be fixed, you'll be back on the road in no time. What really sux is that you were just sitting there and HELLO.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 PM
07mustanggt
2nd Gear Member

I'd post pics, but they can't really do the damage justice haha not really anything could...took em with a camera phone and it didn't get all the detail...or heck much of the detail at all
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 PM
katrina

Oh that sucks..Hope you are o.k...You gonna feel it in the morning..I wrecked mycar 1 month ago and I am still going to phy. therapyfor my back and neck...Don't wait...get checked out

Quick Reply: Got Rear Ended Today :(