Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im ready to buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Im ready to buy

IMO NO... there have been a lot of problems with the shakers, better to save ur money and put in a nice HU with nav, bluetooth, sat radio all in one, much cleaner and the shakers arent that great . my $0.02
Old 04-09-2007, 09:08 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brandenzzz

Ok so the 3.55s sound good, and what about the 1000 watt shaker system. Is it worth the extra money for 500 more watts?
i don't think so..i have heard alot of bad stuff about how it's not worth the money, it won't work sometimes etc....
Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

The Shaker 1000 is not worth the extra bucks! I have the Shaker 500 and it's good. But as you may hear, people have skipping, "no read" disc problems with the Shaker too. I haven't really had those problems as often as others. But I plan on replacing it with a deck with the flip out DVD screen. I just added a 10" sub and amp from Sony Xplod though and it sounds killer. I'd spend the extra money you'd pay for the Shaker 1000 and do some performance upgrades

2007s offer the heated seats, driver & passenger seat controls, MyColor of course, iPod hookup in glove box, hood scoop and a few other small things.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

You want:

Interior Upgrade Package - this gives you leather dash and armrests, heated seats, and a couple other things. Looks way better than plastic and chicks like the heat.

3.55 gears with 5-speed. Free and faster.

Shaker 500. Most here will tell you that the1000 isnt worth it.

Side airbags - don't skimp on safety. You might regret it later.

Skip the power passenger seat - it's heavy and you'll never sit there anyway.

Get the extra guages.

Spoiler delete - looks cleaner and you wont have holes to fill when you find a spoiler you dolike.

Get Mycolor. It's fun.

I got the charcoal dash panel. I think the brushed aluminum is too bright.

Just my2 cents.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

More than they are worth, get some aftermarket chrome bullits and you'll have the stock 17's for track duty or whatever.

How much more for the bullits
Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

How much more for the bullits
About $875.00 w/ wheel locks and the 3.55s are a $100.00 option on stick-shift GTs. I would think side air bags($380.00 option) would be a very wise investment. All the suggestions by the others are very valid points IMO. I'm kinda partial to the CA Special option(although colors are limited to White, Black, Vista Blue Met.and Redfire Met.)Good luck with ordering that Pony
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

I for one love the Shaker 1000. it sounds fantastic and more than loud enough. Very clear at loud volumes, great bass for a stock system. The faster you go, the louder it gets. Shaker 500 might be fine for someone who is going to do an overhall but if you arent crazy about messing around with that audio stuff, get the 1000.
Interior upgrade package is a must.
Dont go crazy with the wheels if you change the wheels on all of your cars. just dont get the cheap (IMO) 17" bullits. Get the 17" machined ones for like 200bucks more.
Of course I'm biased
Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

You want:

Interior Upgrade Package - this gives you leather dash and armrests, heated seats, and a couple other things. Looks way better than plastic and chicks like the heat.

3.55 gears with 5-speed. Free and faster. --> Agreed!

Shaker 500. Most here will tell you that the1000 isnt worth it.

Side airbags - don't skimp on safety. You might regret it later.

Skip the power passenger seat - it's heavy and you'll never sit there anyway.--> Unless you're wife/girlfriend drives and you're the passenger.

Get the extra guages. --> Wish I had those!

Spoiler delete - looks cleaner and you wont have holes to fill when you find a spoiler you dolike.

Get Mycolor. It's fun. -->Wish I had that option too! I hate the green!

I got the charcoal dash panel. I think the brushed aluminum is too bright. -->Yes, the charcoal looks much better.

Just my2 cents.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Not trying to be a wise-***, but I would suggest you get a Mustang brochure from your dealer. The brochure outlines all the options, colors and packages so you can decide for yourself what optionsyou want. There aren't all that many options to a GT Premium anyway. Interior upgrade, Shaker 1000, interior colors, exterior color, sport appearance package, wheels, Sirius radio, 3.55 (recommended by most), spoiler delete, maual/auto, active anti-theft, side airbags...that's about it.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:34 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VerginaStang

I for one love the Shaker 1000. it sounds fantastic and more than loud enough. Very clear at loud volumes, great bass for a stock system. The faster you go, the louder it gets. Shaker 500 might be fine for someone who is going to do an overhall but if you arent crazy about messing around with that audio stuff, get the 1000.
Interior upgrade package is a must.
Dont go crazy with the wheels if you change the wheels on all of your cars. just dont get the cheap (IMO) 17" bullits. Get the 17" machined ones for like 200bucks more.
Of course I'm biased
The Shaker500 also has the Speed Volume adjustment.

Quick Reply: Im ready to buy