Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So get this...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Default So get this...

So my BMR rear sway bar is on order....So I call my local Ford dealer to get the nuts and bolts as per the Shop Manual and to make sure I am being as safe as possible!!!!

So I wrote down the numbers from the Shop Manual and called...All 4 numbers are no longer valid (not very suprising)...He could get 2 of the numbers to cross-reference...one for a bolt (the one that holds the tie rod up) and one for a nut (the one the holds the bushing bracket on) (NOT THE SAME NUT AND BOLT)...the other numbers are no longer valid and don't cross...and supposedly his picture on the catalog does not show those other ones at all??? So am I to assume that Ford now has a bolt that has no nut and a nut that has no bolt....

I'm thinking I either have to reuse the nuts and bolts (should be okay...I think) or go down and actually look at his catalog pictures with him.....

What the hell...now this is just crap that frustrates me!!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 PM
NyFordTech
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: So get this...

i dont have a bmr sway bar but i do have a steeda, i dont see why u cant re- use the nuts n bolts unless the threads got f-ed up
Old 04-09-2007, 09:06 PM
ponyman
2nd Gear Member

Manual says replace them...so I was simply trying to do as the manual says!!!! arrrrrgh!!!!! Try and do it Ford's way, but apparently you can't do it Ford's way!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:11 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyman

So my BMR rear sway bar is on order....So I call my local Ford dealer to get the nuts and bolts as per the Shop Manual and to make sure I am being as safe as possible!!!!

So I wrote down the numbers from the Shop Manual and called...All 4 numbers are no longer valid (not very suprising)...He could get 2 of the numbers to cross-reference...one for a bolt (the one that holds the tie rod up) and one for a nut (the one the holds the bushing bracket on) (NOT THE SAME NUT AND BOLT)...the other numbers are no longer valid and don't cross...and supposedly his picture on the catalog does not show those other ones at all??? So am I to assume that Ford now has a bolt that has no nut and a nut that has no bolt....

I'm thinking I either have to reuse the nuts and bolts (should be okay...I think) or go down and actually look at his catalog pictures with him.....

What the hell...now this is just crap that frustrates me!!!!!
Believe it or not. You will have to got to the Ford dealers parts department. They can pull up the removal and installation diagram. Your gonna have to help them find the part numbers on the diagram.

Ford told me the dame thing. I went to the parts dept. and helped the guy find the right parts.

The bolts and nuts do exist.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:19 PM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

+1, you will have to help them out, sometimes they are not the brightest or understand what you are saying over the phone, lol.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:36 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Can you guys post up the part numbers on the bolts?

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2007, 01:54 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2007GT/CS

Can you guys post up the part numbers on the bolts?

Thanks!
Part#’s Hardware (Nut & Bolts)[/b]
[/b]
Rear Sways…[/b]
upper link bolt (2) w708737*s439
upper link nuts (2) w711029*s900 (These were not available at Ford, ½ nuts and washers) Ford won’t carry extremely common nut and bolts, this is what I was told?, went to Home Depot…
bracket nuts (4) w520213*s440
bracket bolts snap in style w707007*s439 (new #)

Front Sways…[/b]
Just swap out bar, use existing nut and bolts…

Some of these may be superceeded by another part#, but these are the ones I used....hope it helps!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

I first re-used mine everything was fine integrity wise but a faint pop developed when the rear went over unever pevement. I took it in and was told since I didn't replace them the bolts were making a little noise when they moved around, they replaced them and everything was quiet.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Thanks gentlemen. Much appreciated!