Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with AC problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Reco

Default Anyone with AC problems?

I've taken the car into the dealer for AC problems once already. The service manager called me after having the car for 5 hours, admitting they were stumped and it was "wierd". He had asked ifI could leave it over night so they could get on it right away in the morning with the "hotline". They had no loaner, so I went to pick it up (going to bring it back the next morning) , somehow they managed to fixthe "wiring issue"by the time I got there. Well temporarily atleast, it lasted 5 days I guess??? It had been cold till today.

Soo..I'm just fishing around in here to see If anyone has had a similar issue (AC not cold at all), so I might direct the service guys in the right direction tomorrow.

Thus far I am lucky enough to haveescaped the water around the SJB box fiasco*knocks on cheap plastic* So it could be much worse I guess? [8D]

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:07 AM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone with AC problems?

My actuator switch was switched off. Simple fix. I took mine to an a/c shop cuz they are better at these things
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

no probs with my AC so far, blows cold and heats up fast.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

The wire harness directly behind the ***** in the dash. If it is loose you will have air but not cold.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Reco

Thanks for the help peoples. The wiring behind the dash could be it? I'll mention that to the Service Manager.

Wish me luck!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:47 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Nope,
just ice cold AC.

-Jeff
Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 AM
zx9rpilot
2nd Gear Member

I have noticed that my compressor cycles frequently.....about once every 15 seconds. Haven't taken it in yet, though, to hear the "reason."
Old 04-11-2007, 10:52 AM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zx9rpilot

I have noticed that my compressor cycles frequently.....about once every 15 seconds. Haven't taken it in yet, though, to hear the "reason."
t cycles because its going out on the low pressure cut out switch. This is an indication that you most likely have a low refrigerant charge, due to a leak.

The only AC problem I am having.....its to darn cold here toeven think about using the AC.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
redfireshaker06
4th Gear Member

I am having the same cycling problem also, I'll have them look into it next oil change. When I took my car for the test drive, the AC was not getting cold. They found out that the compressor seal was leaking (TSB on this). So I had to wait 2 days before I got to take my car home. oh well, gave me time to strip my trade in which took almost 1 1/2 days. lol
Old 04-12-2007, 04:14 AM
Reco

Thanks for all the replys.

I ended up not taking it in since the A/C was working again.As far as I can tell, it works if the A/C button is on when I turn off, then turn on the vehicle...if its off..no workie whenI start the car. Wierd and annoying but not an emergency to fix at the moment. Its still very nice weather in Texas for the time being.

I'm going to keep testing this theory, and wait till next oil change for them to try and fix this.

Quick Reply: Anyone with AC problems?