Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all these the same?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 AM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Default Are all these the same?

This might be a stupid question but:

Are the FRPP Stingers, SLP Power Flo's, and the Borlas all the same exhaust?

I read in other posts that the frpp stingers and the borlas are the same just a different price... but are the SLP's the same too?
I also heard that the Steeda exhaust is also the same as the Borla and the FRPP...

I'm torn between those 3 really... I want the car a lil louder than stock... but the SLP loudmouths are just outta control loud for me...

Also different websites all have different size tips for each... I have been to site that tell me the slp power flo has a 2.5" tip... another site will tell me that the slp power flo has a 3.5 inch tip... same thing with the borlas and the stingers... they range from 2.5" to 4" tips as well... do they really do have different models within themselves with different tip sizes?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
brian2906
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Are all these the same?

[align=left]The fastest way to answer your questions would be to do a quick search here, or the tech area. From what I've seen on this forum the Borlas, and FRPP's are the same. Be warned that they are reported to have the dreaded 'drone'. So if that might bother you, you might try a different type like a FRPP GTA, or the Corsa's.Also you might try this link to an exhaust thread I started https://mustangforums.com/m_2973737/tm.htm[/align]
Old 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Yes I did a search... and 50% of the people that had the frpp and borlas said there was very lil to no drone and the other 50% that had something else said that hte frpp and borlas had a ridiculous amount of drone... everyone is basically jsut defending their purchase which is fine i respect that but i guess im looking for an impartial answer...

i also looked but couldnt find anything that said if the steeda's and the slp powerflo's were the same and / or worth it
Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

one thing I would say is that people are usually in agreement that the Corsa's don't have the Drone. I can tell you from experience that the drone is very difficult to tolerate. I have an 05 F150 that has it BAD, and I can't stand to drive the truck for very long because of it.....
Old 04-12-2007, 02:41 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

It sounds like what your looking for is the GTAs. I love mine; no drone, good deep mustang rumble, stainless, 4" flaired tips; cheap from nanosports. Used on the Shelby GT and the Foose mustangs.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

yea i dunno maybe its cuz i cant visualize drone .. i dont think any of my previous cars had it... i did used to have a beater car that i had to buy once and it had a cheap fart can exhaust on it that the previous owner bought on the street corner.. but i cant remember that bothering me much and that prolly had drone right?

i mean i would get the corsa's but they are $200 more than my other options and from what i read i dont see the difference being that enormous..
Old 04-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

DRONE - imagine a loud constant humming sound... very very very annoying..

drove me crazy with the magnapack I had...swapped it out after a week...

I went with the Corsa's zero drone, quite while cruising and aggressively loud @ 1/2 + throttle.... IMO they're terrific... I have a friend w/ the FRRP stingers... I thought the tips looked very cheap compared to the Corsa's... which have a beautifully polished 4" tip... do a search on youtube... a bunch of Corsa clips there on 05+ Stangs...

Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

I read in another forum that Borla also makes the Steeda exhaust... So how can some people dislike the frpp's if they have the steeda's and so on
Old 04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: skilz4u2nv

I read in another forum that Borla also makes the Steeda exhaust... So how can some people dislike the frpp's if they have the steeda's and so on
This is true, the design is the same but they is a slight difference in the tips and material that the muffler is made out of.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
skilz4u2nv
3rd Gear Member

Howarmat I see you have the FRPP Stingers... scale of 1-10 how much do you like them and how much drone do you get