Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regarding Roush rear springs

Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default Regarding Roush rear springs

This question is for people with just Roush rear coil springs on their S197 GTs. I believe Fairlane292 has such a setup, if you're listening, could you chime in on this Fairlane?
I'm planning on installing a CDC Classic chin spoiler(in stain black) and adding a Rocky Mountain Graphics rear deck-lid panelvinyl blackout treatment. I want to lower the rear(sits much too high) but am leery of lowering the front because this is my daily driver and don't want the hassle of having to re-align the front-end and also making the car too low and ruining that chin spoiler on a curb/speed bump/etc.. So my question is, does the car sit parallel or is still slightly lower in the front after installing the rear Roush springs? I have the factory 18" polished Bullitts and BFG 235/50-18s.......Anyone with experience reading this? Thanks in advance.......
Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Regarding Roush rear springs

1/4" lower in the front after my install.

I actually turned down my headlights just a tad because it seemed to be too bright for others, ever since no more headlight flashes for me.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:18 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

1/4" lower in the front after my install.

I actually turned down my headlights just a tad because it seemed to be too bright for others, ever since no more headlight flashes for me.
Thanks for info Stoenr, my GT is the same color as yours and to tell you the truth, I decided to replicate the way you car looks after seeing your avatar a few days ago.( rear blackout and CDC spoiler-but in black) Didn't know you run just the rear Roush springs as well, btw cool 'Stang!
Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

Thanks for info Stoenr, my GT is the same color as yours and to tell you the truth, I decided to replicate the way you car looks after seeing your avatar a few days ago.( rear blackout and CDC spoiler-but in black) Didn't know you run just the rear Roush springs as well, btw cool 'Stang!
Hey thanks!
I just had the rear deck painted today, no more magnetic overlay for me!

Last month I also added the slotted lens covers, but need to get better pics.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 PM
peteway
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

This question is for people with just Roush rear coil springs on their S197 GTs.
I want to lower the rear(sits much too high) but am leery of lowering the front because this is my daily driver and don't want the hassle of having to re-align the front-end and also making the car too low and ruining that chin spoiler on a curb/speed bump/etc.. So my question is, does the car sit parallel or is still slightly lower in the front after installing the rear Roush springs? I have the factory 18" polished Bullitts and BFG 235/50-18s.......Anyone with experience reading this? Thanks in advance.......
I have an 06gt, Tung gray with a similar setup. I have just the roush rear springs and the car sits level. it looks much better. you will notice over time that the rear will become bouncy because the stock socks are no longer operating in the stock range. it's not bad but it is somewhat noticable. I've heard that with just this setup you don't need to worry about pinion angle so i didn't and I havn't had any noticable issues so far. I am however in the process of completely redoing my suspension so I won't have this setup for long.

I say do it, you won't regret it and it looks great. If you want it to look even better get an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the rear end. I did...
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

just put a rear set of roush springs on my buddys GT-CS and it sets about level. he also has the 18" bullitts.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:55 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

I did rear only but in Eibach Pro Kit. I was planning on doing the front but after doing the rear the stance was perfect and I was thinking of doing the CDC agressive (which I did). I must tell you, I can't see touching the front suspension, unless you're really looking for that slammed look (like that of one done in Eibach Sportlines) ...I have nothing against that, I'm just more into ride quality (a reason I still run the 17 Pirellis) and less worry while running the chin spoiler. Hind sight, I would have gotten Roush rears cause I have a set of brand new front Eibachs sitting here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24316/F47EC8E3E99A403BBF7B00310FEF6F03.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24316/E2491683A5A04951958CEE347208DBFC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24316/42813DFDF12C4B379278CAB76EEEEAF8.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I just put that setup on mine. It leveled out the car and improved the handling especially around corners. The car sits more level now but have not had any problems with my headlights.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:46 AM
discofan
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlueGT

I just put that setup on mine. It leveled out the car and improved the handling especially around corners. The car sits more level now but have not had any problems with my headlights.

Nice Job 05Blue GT,

Car looks great with those rear springs...

Dave
Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 AM
pegasusphototx
2nd Gear Member

Roush rear here as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Regarding Roush rear springs