Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Emblem.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra Emblem.

ORIGINAL: howarmat

This subject all over again.....give it a rest people. The poll last week pretty much sums it up.
You're right, but he asked for opinions. And everybody knows what opinions are like and that everybody has one.

What I don't get is why these "opinion polls" end up in people slamming each other. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Some like adding Cobra and Shelby logos and some don't. The original poster just asked for individual inputs. Why can't each person reply with his or her own views instead of attacking other people's views?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Cobra emblems on a GT are not kool. (It brings to mind words such as "poser", "wannabe" and "fake")
I hate when peopl call these cars "tributes". They are copying another vehicles individual characteristics - not paying tribute!
It is much like the V6 guy who badges his mustang as a GT - it is looked down upon by the GT crowd.
Maybe you can put some Viper emblems on to be different - same thing because you don't own a Viper either.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:55 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

Personally, I wouldn't do it. But if you like it and it's not exactly Cobra labeling, go for it!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:25 PM
sst06vert
2nd Gear Member

if you buy a cobra roadster kit car and has shelby cobra all over it. Is it a poser?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:29 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

most people are going to say don't pose..don't put a cobra emblem if it isn't..etc but i like it IMO looks good if u have a lil mods done the exterior and performance wise..but it's whatever you waanntt
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

I bought chrome bullet wheels, and the center caps are snakes instead of tri bar pony's. The photo's in the add pictured the pony caps, but the vender said they come with the cobra. I think they look nice.........does this make me a poser?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:09 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Again I am going back to my story I put out once on my GT500 front conversion page. A womanhasbeendealt a set ofsmall breasts. She is beautiful but she really admires other beautiful women with larger breasts. She gets her breasts enlarged and joins the group of beautiful women with larger breasts. Is she a poser? Is she not considered a woman?(as one would say a cloned Cobra is not a Mustang) and ultimately would you really say no to her?
Old 04-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MELLOWYELLOW06

Again I am going back to my story I put out once on my GT500 front conversion page. A womanhasbeendealt a set ofsmall breasts. She is beautiful but she really admires other beautiful women with larger breasts. She gets her breasts enlarged and joins the group of beautiful women with larger breasts. Is she a poser? Is she not considered a woman?(as one would say a cloned Cobra is not a Mustang) and ultimately would you really say no to her?
I think a more accurate example would be a woman who buys a larger bra and fills it with tissue to make it appear she has larger breasts than she really does. This is more in tune with placing a Cobra emblem on it / cosmetic changes.

Now, if along with the Cobra emblem someone were to swap out the engine with that of a 5.4L GT500,that would be more in tunewith your breast enlargement example.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

^ Gotta agree with that. False representation is what it is IMO.. To each his own, its not my car, just saying I wouldnt do it to mine. To me its the same as a V6 putting on GT badges... Yes, you still have a Mustang, but the point is its not a GT.

Im actually a big fan of no badges at all, and honestly if I bought a cobra kit car I wouldnt even use the snake or Shelby badges. Why does it matter that people know what kind of car it is? Why try to impress people with some stupid snake badges and lettering?

Again, thats just my opinion, so take it for what its worth, and I own none of your cars, so mod them how you please.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:32 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Ima buy a focus and put mustang emblems on it.....same deal.

Quick Reply: Cobra Emblem.