Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 04:44 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

Default Tinting

Hey guys i'm looking to get my windows tinted on my black gt/cs and as of right now with the way cops are were i live i only plan on tiniting the back three windows but if i do tint the front ones it will be as light as possible. How dark do you guys think i should go on the back windows? pics would help and does anyone know a good shop around Whittier Ca to get it done?
Old 04-18-2007, 04:52 PM
RYD PNY

Default RE: Tinting

I had mine done at Xtreme tint in Whittier Ca

http://www.xtreme-tint.com/

http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s193/ryd_pny/

Old 04-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

If your not going to go dark don't bother with just the back, IMO it will look weird. They already bock UV light and they don't let light onto the front steats/shift ****/stuff that sucks when its hot.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

RYD pony how much did it cost to get all your windows done? I do plan on going dark in the three back windows just nothe driver and pasenger windows b/c besides cops i do alot of nite driving and having the windows to dark bugs the **** out of me the only thing i like about it is the look
Old 04-18-2007, 06:11 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

I've got 20% done all around on my Black GT. It looks amazing..... you will not be dissapointed. Search my threads to see pics.
PS- any tint is illegal on the side windows, i figure that if a cop is gonna bust em, give them a reason to. [:@]
Old 04-18-2007, 06:22 PM
TacoBill
2nd Gear Member

Classic Window Tinting located in Orange, CA. These guys are the pros in what they do. Shop owner was already aware of the need for Moleskin on our Mustangs. btw- You can save yourself some $$ by installing the Moleskin yourself before getting the tint done.

Tint used: Solar Guard HP Titanium 33 (light-medium)

They're on the high side, but the quality of work is excellent. They also offer a less expensiveSolar Guard Charcoal tint. Best bet is to give them a call for a quote.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:31 PM
RYD PNY

ORIGINAL: pnandy

RYD pony how much did it cost to get all your windows done? I do plan on going dark in the three back windows just nothe driver and pasenger windows b/c besides cops i do alot of nite driving and having the windows to dark bugs the **** out of me the only thing i like about it is the look
Cost about $200.00 with felt installed on the front doors
Xtreme offers a insurance if you get a fix it ticket they will take off the tint and reinstall
Old 04-18-2007, 06:40 PM
pnandy
2nd Gear Member

sweet ima probably go check out Xtreme this friday then i might go to Whittier tint shop unless anyone around here has had problems with them
Old 04-18-2007, 06:41 PM
wthalliii
3rd Gear Member

Mine is 35% sides and 15% rear. Here in Texas, the front side windows have to be no darker than 25%. The tint folks advised me that the windows are already tinted a little and they also get darker with age, so they recommended 35%. I think that 15% would be fine for the sides, but I don't want any tickets, so I'll leave it like this. Here's some pictures:

Do make sure that they put in the moleskin. Otherwise, the tints will scratch. If they don't know what you're talking about or don't think it's a problem, don't let them tint your windows.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:50 PM
TacoBill
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wthalliii

Do make sure that they put in the moleskin. Otherwise, the tints will scratch. If they don't know what you're talking about or don't think it's a problem, don't let them tint your windows.
I agree. And, to those who have Velcro felt instead of Moleskin, it will fail, eventually. Keep an eye on it, once the feltseperates from the glue, you'll have some undesired glue streak marksonthe tint.

Quick Reply: Tinting