Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:54 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default RE: best tunes?

what did u do for the brenspeed tune, is it a plug n play, do you have to bring it to ford after like some other tunes?
Old 04-30-2007, 01:59 AM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

its plug and play with the xcalibrator2.....dont bring it to ford with the tune installed or they might try to void warranty. If you ever need to take it in just return the car back to stock using the tuner and take it in.

But when you get the tune also get a cold air intake with exhaustto see the best gains.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:05 AM
brendend
4th Gear Member

im gunna get the bbk cold air, i havent decided on exhaust, i got loudmouths so far, i dont know what kind of headers, mid pipes or if im gunna go with a h or h pipe. any opinions?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
05 Mustang GT
2nd Gear Member

There are several good tuner packages out there. I went with Evo performance, ordered CAI and tune on Monday, parts with XCal at my door that Friday in SLC. Fred is good at responding to questions. And the kicker, his package was $25 cheaper than ****speed.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

My C&L Racer and X2 with B a m achipstune is sitting on my porch waitingforme to come home and install them. I'll let you know my impressions tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:14 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

I went with B-ama and very dis-satisfied, in process of switching to brenspeed.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:45 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

i just got my tuner today. it's the jlt cai/xcal 2 combo. tunes from b a m a. i tried out 2 of the 3 tunes, 93 performance and 93 race. the one i haven't tried was 93 torque.

93 performance was good but not great. i noticed a nice jump in power and acceleration.
93 race was awesome, 1st gear - 2nd gearand myfoot to the floor just put a smile on my face. but i don't know if i'll stick to it. we'll see.

93 performance will probably be the most mildest of the tunes. i might use it for mpg purposes, but i'm not sure. the mpg differences are probably little.

i'll try out 93 torque tonight and let y'all know how it is. there is way to much traffic. and the weather doesn't feel to great outside either. it's about 90 degrees and ugly.

btw,has anyone messed w/ the other parameters such as rev limit and such?
Old 04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WHITE99GT

I went with B-ama and very dis-satisfied, in process of switching to brenspeed.
Please explain.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:12 PM
jaded seconds
3rd Gear Member

got bored and tried out the 93 torque tune. and the acceleration is better than the race tune! i'm going to stick w/ the 93 torque tune.i loved it.the improvement in acceleration wasgreat. if i get bored again i'll tool around with the 93 race tune.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM
WHITE99GT
1st Gear Member

As I have posted before, I sent him my Diablo tuner the first time (since he uses both) had him write me a tune for my 2006 mustang GT Automatic. I received it back , went to load tune and never had a tune even loaded, lol. No biggy, so I paid again to ship back, he wrote a tune for it(after the second time of sending him all of my modifications:which he should of had on file) he sent tuner back to me again, this time I loaded the tune, took it out for a test drive and wow , it was terrible the torque management was totally screwed up on the tranny (mainly the scheduling of torque convertor and shift pattern). Took me several days to get ahold of him(never answered emails or returned phone calls, but finally after about 4 days got him). Described to him the problem(he once again asked for my modifications(what the hell he should of had them, lol), This time I went out and bought the cables to just load a tune via email, so he sent me a new tune and nevertheless its no better, lol. I have given him several chances and time to move on. A new tune was 75.00, I paid for shipping to him 2 times, then had to pay for the cables to load via email, lol, so now Im into a tune from him for well over 100.00 for 1 tune thats not right, lol. Time to just try someone elses tune , even if I have to sell the Diablo and switch to SCT and use Brenspeed.

Quick Reply: best tunes?