Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Extra Money

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 04:09 AM
moriel248

Default Some Extra Money

So yes, I've been swimming through forums for a few weeks in anticipation of buying a nice shiny new 07 GT. I'm a GT500 exile, one of the many that can afford MSRP but not the ADMs that persist (espically in my area, ugh, 25k? seriously?). In any case, my current ride is dying and I can't really afford to wait around to see if the ADMs finally disappear. I can spend a solid 10k or 12k over the cost of the car for some add ons.

I'm curious what everyone thinks would be most beneficial to do with that extra cash. I'm looking for around 400hp, so the Saleen s/c seems just about perfect, and eats up a solid chunk of that extra cash. What next, since the power is taken care of? Suspension and brakes are my two thoughts, but what and from where?

Alternative paths are also welcome, I just like to see options. Ultimately the car will be a daily driver, so getting too hardcore about things, while definately fun, doesn't seem like a great idea. A nicely balanced beast with both power and grace would be perfect, and any suggestions to that effect would rock.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM
jettaflavor
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Some Extra Money

Hey man.. Welcome to the forum.

In regards to specific mods, I'd really check out & search these components individually... you'll hear a lot of great advice on exhausts, superchargers, whipples, gears, etc etc..

Hmm, how do I say this politely without getting flamed...

Well - I'll say that this forum isan incrediblewealth of knowledge, expertise, history, tech help - and of crourse, the select few "hater ricers" who thrive on cheaplow quality low/no performance projector ultra plasma stick-on crap (because god forbid they save up their money for something decent). Their posts start off with "So I have $75 burning a hole in my pocket..."

Obviously, you seem like someone who wants really high quality work and mods.

My point is -while it's nice to have money to "blow" on a car, it's not exactly fun to plow through 10-12k in aftermarket modifications in, say, a weekend, or a couple of weeks, or even a month...

You need to enjoy the car first.. then slowly add things. It'll make you appreciate your modifications more.

There shouldn't be a "rush" to get from 300hp to 450, 500, 550...

We'll all get to 750 horsepower, someday..

Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
moriel248

Default RE: Some Extra Money

Fair enough. Reading over things again my first post sounds kind of cavalier, so thanks for being polite about it. To rephrase a little, I wasn't really intending to do it all at once, I just have set a budget for a higher price range that doesn't seem like it will happen. My question was more in the vein of a "wish list".

If someday that was your eventual goal, where would you spend it? What would you get so that it all worked well together down the road?