Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, FORD replaced my Leather Seat...But...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default Well, FORD replaced my Leather Seat...But...

Well, I posted back 1 month ago (give or take) that my seat had zits on the passenger side seat on the upper back part.
Very hard to explain and sorry no pics I have no camera...but it almost look like acne.

Well I took the car in for several small issues which were all fixed including the seat.
But now that they put the new seat cover on...it looks like CRAP.

Its loose, doesn't match the driver side...the ridges in the middle don't hug the seat etc...
Basically it looks like an Extra Large seat cover while the drivers side would be just a Large (if it were a shirt)

What can I do...?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:38 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Well, FORD replaced my Leather Seat...But...

Take it back and show them. While it is harder to change leather covers it should still fit like it did before. Minus your acne
Old 05-03-2007, 10:05 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

You'd think.

I am fuming right now....

They put a good 1 1/2 inch scratch on my door.

Told me they replaced the whole mater cylinder b/c of the leaky lid....no same master cylinder just put teflon around the lid!!!! That gets in there forget it....
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

They love to fool people like you, what other product has perfect custumer service/warranty work? Just man up and say "those seats look like ****!" where's the service manager? If that doesnt work call corporate. My dealer does everything I need, but I don't overdo it though I only want things within reason....
Old 05-03-2007, 10:30 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

They love to fool people like you, what other product has perfect custumer service/warranty work? Just man up and say "those seats look like ****!" where's the service manager? If that doesnt work call corporate. My dealer does everything I need, but I don't overdo it though I only want things within reason....
Well let me explain....
I just had got in from Houston, was down there on business from Dallas....was there since Sunday night.
girl going at the same time ditched me on accident...didn't know I was coming...her boss was out of town and hadn't told her we were sharing a rental.
Get to houston have to take a cab at 10 pm etc...flight was delyed due to weather etc...N E ways bad trip all around...lost my license...
Delayed coming home...sitting on the tarmac for 35 min...had to take the long way home due to weather...
Had to get a ride to the Dealer by the girl who ditched me....sat in Traffic to get there (start of rush hour)

Got the car, told me everything was good, hopped in and was like "well maybe it will tighten a bit with time and heat etc.."
Kept looking at it when I got home and it started bugging me as time passed...but I never know when I am being to ****..
so I will take pics...just found out my sis has a camera...

Point being, all I wanted to to was get home after a long trip.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

You let them get away with a maybe? That's your problem right there in addition to the other issue. You should have said you're going to take it back if it doesn't shrink, now you'll be hasteled.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:47 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I guess you had a crappy day, I understand takeing them on their word. It just sucks they didn't explain the state of your interior better. When we picked my car up new there wasnt any shrinking required so why do you need to wait?

ORIGINAL: svt93style

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Well let me explain....
I just had got in from Houston, was down there on business from Dallas....was there since Sunday night.
girl going at the same time ditched me on accident...didn't know I was coming...her boss was out of town and hadn't told her we were sharing a rental.
Get to houston have to take a cab at 10 pm etc...flight was delyed due to weather etc...N E ways bad trip all around...lost my license...
Delayed coming home...sitting on the tarmac for 35 min...had to take the long way home due to weather...
Had to get a ride to the Dealer by the girl who ditched me....sat in Traffic to get there (start of rush hour)

Got the car, told me everything was good, hopped in and was like "well maybe it will tighten a bit with time and heat etc.."
Kept looking at it when I got home and it started bugging me as time passed...but I never know when I am being to ****..

Old 05-04-2007, 12:03 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

When I took mine in for the leaky master cylinder, they DID replace the whole reservoir, or at least took it off. I put a mark on the bottom rear of the reservoir to make sure. (I'm a sneaky bastard) however, they got brake fluid on the bumper and left it there for an extended period because the paint is lifting now in nice bubbles where the fluid was sitting. They claim it is just fisheyes and are paying to repaint the bumper. Needless to say, I'm making them pay my body guy to do it, I don't trust anything from that dealer anymore.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style
Well let me explain....

Try www.DrPhil.com. Possibly he can help you.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Mine was replaced top and bottom. The top was loose when it was replaced and since then it has tighten a little bit but not to the original specs'. I just gave up crying because it doesn't help.

Quick Reply: Well, FORD replaced my Leather Seat...But...