Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

Default HELP!!!

I have a big decision to make, next month I am going to buy more car stuff, but have a little problem because I cant get it all and I want each equally soshould I

A) Get an X Pipe, another flowmaster american thunder muffler (I already have 1 set up, and will just take it off and put it on the X Pipe) and get a GT take off rear bumper

or

B) Get the Shelby CS6 Hood and CS6 Front Fascia?

I plan on creating a Shelby CS6 stage 1, if I buy the hood and fascia next month that will be it till about september, but If I buy the X Pipe, 1 flow AT muffler, and the GT bumper, I can probably get the GT side skirts in august, and then the CS6 front fascia, and Hood in september.

also what else besides an X pipe and the mufflers will I need, do I need special brakets, and braces being so its a single exhaust or does the X Pipe come with it, or use the single exhausts stuff?
Old 05-04-2007, 10:03 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!!!

If you are going to do (A) definitely get a H pipe, it will make your 6 sound a bit deeper and not like a import with the X. Also i learned my lesson with my '00 v6 and carried what i learned over to my GT. If you are going to do anything to your car do the performance first, then add the exterior things unless they are cheap and don't make your car look retarded(ie. louvers, chin spoiler, ducktail, etc.) Do you plan on doing true dual exhaust or still only run 1 pipe like you are stock?
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

well right now I havea BBK CAI, single flowmaster AT, andIm getting an Xcal2 Tune,probably an H pipe now, and another flowAT.

what I think I'm going to do is buy the CS6 stuff, thenput the duals on and the GT bumper.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:23 AM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

How about getting a GT?

~Fletch~
Old 05-05-2007, 01:32 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ORIGINAL: Fletch

How about getting a GT?

~Fletch~
That's helpful [&:]

[/sarcasm]

BTW, my x-pipe with GT take-offs does not sound ricey at all. I'd go with Option B first, then add the duals. That CS6 body looks hot and distinctive.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

I agree with Fletch, You should forget about moding your V6.... ITs a V6. Sell it and spend the money your were going to put towards your mods for your V6 and buy a GT. You wont regret it man. I learned that from driving my parents V6 for a few weeks and then buying a GT. YOU WILL LOVE IT! I'm not trying to sound like and a$$ but what I say is true my friend.