Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Retrorocket
1st Gear Member

Default What the.....

I just can't believe it! Did our Mustangs come paintedwith a bulls eye? Close call number 8 today in only 5 months sinceI bought my Stang! Went to the bank this morning, and traveling on the main road on bank property, this lady pulls out from a parking area right out in front of me without looking. Good thing I had my eye on her, or she would have hit me. Just shook my head in disbelief when she realized what she did. One month ago, I was waiting at a side street light from a mall to the main street, as the light turned green, I started out only to catch a car out of the corner of my eye coming fastdoing about 40, and was'nt going to stop for the red light. Sure enough, she slammed on the brakes smoking the tires rightthrough the intersection, where I would have been!Seems like my defensive driving skills arebeing tested constantly when driving the Stang. Maybe I'm just being paranoid....
Old 05-05-2007, 07:56 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What the.....

I keep running into the garage door with mine can't get used to that big bumper on the front. Was just putting touch-up paint on the point of the bumper.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

you probably just notice it more now that you have a car you like. i know i do, but when i think back to driving my sentra, i realize that people in my area just cant drive
Old 05-05-2007, 10:37 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Drove my wife's hand-me-down Accord for 8 years before the Mustang. I prayed daily for a tree to fall on it, someone to steal it, a salt truck.... etc. etc. Not a scratch in all that time.

I have the Mustang for 800 miles, take it to a car wash and end up with a dog leash whipped by a wash roller going down the side to the tune of $2,400 worth of damage.

Well, at least I got my mirrors painted and antenna/washer nozzles deleted out of it.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:01 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Sorry to be off topic.. but Joolander... these were made for your car..

LINK

ORIGINAL: Joolander

you probably just notice it more now that you have a car you like. i know i do, but when i think back to driving my sentra, i realize that people in my area just cant drive
Old 05-06-2007, 12:41 AM
snooj
1st Gear Member

Before I got the mustang, I drove the family's truck, a nice big silverado. Immediately after getting the mustang I noticed how many more people cut me off on the road. I guess they'd rather get rear ended by a stang than a truck eh?

Of course, I'm so protective over the stang it's ridiculous. I won't notice a dent on the truck but I'll spot a new scratch on the stang real quick. So maybe I am just more paranoid as well.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:23 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I had a very close call today too- I was stopped at a light and had to make a left turn, and when the light turned green the car in front of me (also turning left) went because the first car in the oncoming lane just sat there and waited, and since he kept waiting I started to turn left as well- but at the last possible second I saw a car coming towards me FAST on the shoulder (he probably got sick of waiting for that first car in line to finally start moving!) and I just managed to brake in the nick of time- otherwise I would have been totalled in a head-on collision........[:'(]
Old 05-06-2007, 09:43 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Ha...I was just telling my wife about this same topic. Yesterday was like everyone around me was stuck on stupid while driving.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:53 AM
spuddogg
2nd Gear Member

Can't say I've been in any more close calls with the Mustang than with my other car, but people do tend to drive more aggressively around it ("Oh look! A Mustang. Well, I'm just gonna show that hotshot my 'leet driving skills in my minivan").
I've also gotten into the habit of using my fogs as drl's all the time as I've nearly been driven off the road numerous times by the clueless.