Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

supercharger/newbie

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:31 AM
robsirish

Default supercharger/newbie

HELLO, I JUST ORDERED A 07 REDFIRE GT VERT ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND HAVE A COUPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ROUSH AND SALEEN SUPERCHARGERS. I HAVE LOOKED INTO THE ROUSH EXTENSIVELY MOSTLY FOR THE 3/36 WARRANTY WHICH I NEED TO HAVE FOR MY WIFE TO APPROVE MY MOD. MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWELDGE OF SALEENS WARRANTY? I HAVE READ MANYOF YOUR POSTS OVER THE LAST MONTH AND I KNOW THAT NOBODY TALKS ABOUT THE ROUSHCHARGER AT ALL, BUT THEIR IS SOME TALK OF THE SALEEN. WIPPLE AND KB ARE OUT, I HAVE 3 KIDS AND TO MANY OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES TO BUY A NEW MOTOR IF THE UNEXPECTED HAPPENS. SORRY I'M SO LONG WINDED BUT THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND I'M REALLY LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE/INPUT. THANX!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger/newbie

the roush sucks.......

my opinion of course.

not sure about the saleen warranty though. go to search at the top, im sure it has come up before.

oh and Welcome!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 AM
donnyonee
1st Gear Member

KILL THE CAPS
Old 05-17-2007, 03:01 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

good luck with the s/c......you're on the right track and i
admire your forward thinking

Old 05-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Scotty07
3rd Gear Member

According to the guy I spoke to @ Saleen the other day, if they install it at one of their two locations (California or Michigan) then they warranty the car for the remainder of the 3/36K warranty. Install is $1,250 and it takes one day. Install price might be going up, though.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:11 AM
robsirish

sorry about the caps! thanks for the welcome, love reading all the posts. also if anyone has the info does the 475hp saleen upgrade void any or all of the warranty? this is going to be a streetcar only so 430-475 to the crank would be fine by me for the time being... but it seems like the saleen would be easier to upgrade later...
Old 05-17-2007, 03:13 AM
robsirish

thanks scotty... i was typing when you posted i'll call them tommorow, i'm in kentucky but a road trip wouldnt be out of the question!
Old 05-17-2007, 04:29 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Hey robsirish use caps if you want to.......no need to apologize for other retards. If people get offended by that they can just f-off! hey JMO. On a lighter note Welcome to the forum! Everyone will have opinions about which s/c to put on your car. Do your research and go with what works for you and your money situation. I do know that with either S/C you get about 5 psi base and a warranty from both S/C makers you mentioned. The saleen upgrade will void the warranty but check with the dealer that will service the car and install the S/C.
ORIGINAL: donnyonee

KILL THE CAPS
Old 05-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Elsboo
1st Gear Member

Hate to say it but yes the Saleen upgrade voids the warranty.
Iput my Saleen blower in the same time as my freind, both 2007 Stangs. He opted for the basic kit and to be honest his car has run consistently well. Me on the on the other hand chose to go with the JDM upgrade kit. Bigger injectors, smaller pulleyetc.My car was dyno tuned by a reputable tuner but has been a handful. I;m now runnin the JDM tune and she's runnin pretty good but I am my own warranty station. The Roush is a roots type blower and not as efficient as the twin screw, but you will still be faster than 99% of the cars on the hwy around you.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:29 PM
robsirish

talked to a lady from saleen this morning. she said that if saleen authorized installer added their supercharger that it would be under warranty for 3/36 even the 475hp upgrade. i still question if this is true, does anyone know any different? if this is true this will definately be the way that i go! thanks for any and all input on this mod.