Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWESOME PYPES MID-MUFFLER SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 AM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: AWESOME PYPES MID-MUFFLER SYSTEM

Virgule,
I am with you on drone,I frikken hate it.
I have the Mac axle-backs and they drone like mad butI had to try them beforeI would know how much I hate them.
I am thinking about this setup, can you please tell me how much louder then stock and the MACsyou think thing this system is on a scale of 1-10?
1 being stock and 10 be down right annoying, what do ya think?
Thanks cheif.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

Virgule,
I am with you on drone,I frikken hate it.
I have the Mac axle-backs and they drone like mad butI had to try them beforeI would know how much I hate them.
I am thinking about this setup, can you please tell me how much louder then stock and the MACsyou think thing this system is on a scale of 1-10?
1 being stock and 10 be down right annoying, what do ya think?
Thanks cheif.
Previously I had the Hooker AeroChambers, so I had to go through an axleback stage too. Anyway, these things aremuch louder than stock but notnearly as loud as Loudmouths.I'd give it a 6 or a7. Actually, what I did recently was put on a set of stainless Pilot 3.5" resonator tips, whichmellows the sound out to about a 4 or 5in terms of decibels.The tips do alter sound quality a hair - less raspy and a slightly deepertone. With or without resonator tips, there is zero drone at cruise. Like Corsas, the idle is quite mute, but when you get it on, the thing sounds like what you bought a Mustang for.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

You're right. I wasn't trying to say that the system was bad. Mine sounded pretty decent, and probably better then most (I'm sorry guys.. but this means Stingers/Corsa/Any other kind of bullet styled muffler or nonconventional muffler.) Though the sound I've fallen in love with, and the sound I wanted from the start was 40 series flowmasters. It only took me about 3 or 4 exhaust setups to realize that's what I wanted though. Now they sit here, waiting until I get around to finding a decent shop to install them.

ORIGINAL: Virgule

ORIGINAL: Menace

Basically the same setup I've already had. Which was Magnaflow Resonators welded in before the over-axle and that running to SLP Loudmouths. The sound was alright, but far from anything spectacular. Basically sounds like the Loudmouths but a little quieter. I still have my over-axle sitting around with the resonators, don't know what I'm going to do with them.
Obviously, sound is a personal preference issue. I guess you have to set a goal for WHAT you want your Mustang to sound LIKE. My goal has been the gurgling rumble of a 5.0 Mustang on bullet mufflers. This SFM-66 setup is the closet thing yet to that elusive sound characteristic. In many ways, it sounds even better than that.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

You're right. I wasn't trying to say that the system was bad. Mine sounded pretty decent, and probably better then most (I'm sorry guys.. but this means Stingers/Corsa/Any other kind of bullet styled muffler or nonconventional muffler.) Though the sound I've fallen in love with, and the sound I wanted from the start was 40 series flowmasters. It only took me about 3 or 4 exhaust setups to realize that's what I wanted though. Now they sit here, waiting until I get around to finding a decent shop to install them.

ORIGINAL: Virgule

Basically the same setup I've already had. Which was Magnaflow Resonators welded in before the over-axle and that running to SLP Loudmouths. The sound was alright, but far from anything spectacular. Basically sounds like the Loudmouths but a little quieter. I still have my over-axle sitting around with the resonators, don't know what I'm going to do with them.
Obviously, sound is a personal preference issue. I guess you have to set a goal for WHAT you want your Mustang to sound LIKE. My goal has been the gurgling rumble of a 5.0 Mustang on bullet mufflers. This SFM-66 setup is the closet thing yet to that elusive sound characteristic. In many ways, it sounds even better than that.
"Menace", what mods do you have? You dont have any in your sig but your saying you ran a 13.075.