Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fog light indicator light

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 AM
Ace Guy

Default Fog light indicator light

So, this baby has, in the instrument cluster, to the left of the left turn arrow, a fog light indicator. There is no bulb and I have no idea if it is wired by Ford. What I did is ran my own wire and bulb from my switch. You have to remove the instrument cluster and needles to get to it, but it only took me about an hour to do.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28155/C48A3BE8506347A09CFDF10C1309C67E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Fog light indicator light

Isnt that the high beam indicator light?
Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Ace Guy

Nope, the high beam light is blue and between the turn signal arrows, this is to the left like the cruse is to the right.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:41 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Hm... brb.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:45 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Hes right, the brights are blue and in the very center.... Ive never seen that light before, but the outline is there, and it definately doesnt come on when I turn on my fogs. Really, really weird.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

The fog lamp indicator on/off in on the headlight switch just above the word 'pull'
the thing your looking at is probably the DLR if equipped (daytime running lights)
Old 05-22-2007, 03:07 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

whatever light it is ace, i think it's cool.
nicely done

ORIGINAL: Ace Guy

So, this baby has, in the instrument cluster, to the left of the left turn arrow, a fog light indicator. There is no bulb and I have no idea if it is wired by Ford. What I did is ran my own wire and bulb from my switch. You have to remove the instrument cluster and needles to get to it, but it only took me about an hour to do.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28155/C48A3BE8506347A09CFDF10C1309C67E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2007, 03:12 AM
Ace Guy

You are right Tin Pony. According to the owners manual that came with my car, that is for the DRL. But it is not used, so, on mine, it is now. I think it looks cool, so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thought it was odd that there would be a blank there.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Looks really cool, can you give us any more details/tips on how.... what size bulb? do you have IUP? I'd like to use that spot in conjunction with with bluetooth options...
Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 AM
Ace Guy

Here’s how I did it.
1 pop off the instrument cluster shroud (no tools just yank)
2 remove gauge cluster (4X 7mm bolts and wire harness)
3 remove front “glass” from cluster (5 snaps) (trip odo button and spring fall out at this time)
4 before you remove the needles, make sure you know exactly what they line up with when the car is off. Then remove needles (if you don’t have the special tool, a small fork would most likely work as the shaft of the needle needs to be gripped when pulling it off)
5 remove the back of cluster (7 snaps)
6 middle piece is what you want. You’ll see the boxes where the indicator lights are.
7 I drilled in from the bottom and stuck in a regular bulb with gel cap (from a aftermarket “mini dash light indicator” was what I used) hit it with some contact cement.
8 routing the wire out the bottom of the cluster, avoiding the odo and if I had a V8, the lower gauges.
9 put everything back in reverse order, not forgetting the trip odo button and spring.
NEEDLE INSTALL
This is the hardest part. Turn the car on for a few seconds then off and the gauges reset their needles. Carefully barely put the needles on the shafts then turn the car on an off to make sure they are correct. Then when you have them correctly done, push the needles all the way down. You can push them down far enough so that that red glow goes away. I do this with the lights on so I can push them down just far enough without being too far.

Quick Reply: Fog light indicator light