Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

have vin # any time estimates ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:47 AM
robsirish

Default have vin # any time estimates ?

dealer called and said he had my vin # from the gt i ordered 3 weeks ago. but no build date as of yet. does anyone have an educated guess on how long i'll have to wait? i'm getting A plan (i work at kentucky truck plant in louisville) and my order sheet had a priority 10 which i assume is really bad. the wait is killing me but he quoted me 6-8 weeks when i ordered so i'm just hoping this was a good sign!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: have vin # any time estimates ?

6-8 wks is a rule of thumb and the priority 10 is normal for an ordered stang. So 3-5 wks more and that puts you at the week of June 17th or 24th and that is just an estimate. Let us know when you get it and throw up some pics of your new ride. I can say that it will be here before the shutdown in early July! Bro works for Romeo engine plant that makesyour motor and they are cranking out O.T. to get caught up on engines for the stang....they always seem to run out of crankshafts and that slows the rest of production. I think the only other place that makes our motor is the Windsor engine plant in Canada. The body will roll of the Flat Rock plant in Michigan.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: robsirish

dealer called and said he had my vin # from the gt i ordered 3 weeks ago. but no build date as of yet. does anyone have an educated guess on how long i'll have to wait? i'm getting A plan (i work at kentucky truck plant in louisville) and my order sheet had a priority 10 which i assume is really bad. the wait is killing me but he quoted me 6-8 weeks when i ordered so i'm just hoping this was a good sign!
PM me your VIN and I'll check to see if I can find that out for you.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Tawse

Ordered mine on the 28th of March (GT as well) and am scheduled to pick it up on Thursday. So about8 weeks for me. Longest 8 weeks of my life.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:42 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

8 LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG weeks for me too.

Hang tough dude, I know it's painful.